The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No more roll cage :cry:

Teri

As of today thanks to the peeps at Sky who will not insure me with a roll cage - and didn't tell me till after I had paid them - it is now being removed :violin: :cry: but on the plus side I am getting a nice new black carpet :thumbs:

pretty much = because of the line of work I'm in etc.... they think I am some crazy fast driving lunatic and just because I have a roll cage I'll drive faster!!! Idiots!!

apparently they are worried about passengers banging their heads and putting in personal injury claims etc... Also there is a 60% increased chance that in case of an accident I would have to be cut out of the vehicle making it a complete write off instead of repairable?????

Also there is a 60% increased chance that in case of an accident I would have to be cut out of the vehicle making it a complete write off instead of repairable?????

:conf: I would have thought that a roll cage would keep the structure of the car intact, making it easier to get you out, not harder!

Insurance company's automatically think because you have a roll cage your obviously going to be driving the car like your on aa track all the time and therefore add loads on or wont insure at all. I always thought it would lower the price as it's a safty measure, seems not though :(

I'd maybe question them if they'd pay out more for an injury if in the case of an accident you/or passenger got more severe injuries due to the fact that the roll cage had to be removed.

How they can justify that a roll cage is less safe than not having one is beyond me.

I'd cancel the insurance and try some other company who knows about cars.