The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Important, please read:

Matt H

I purchased an Aluminium Dash kit from eBay from a seller called “Kynu” on 21st April (last month), however the kit has not arrived as yet, nor have I received confirmation of any UPS tracking number form the seller.

Has anybody else had dealings with this seller or bought a dash kit from ebay? How long did it take for yours to arrive? Did you have any problems?

Where do I stand with regards to getting money back etc in the ebay world if the product never comes? I paid via pay pal - £105-00. What happens if the seller gets in touch with me and says “its been lost in the post”?!?

Thanks

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-1993-1998-WOOD-BRUSHED-ALUMINUM-DASH-KIT_W0QQitemZ4636433549QQcategoryZ10428QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Please, allow 7-15 days for shipping, customs, etc.

If you need to receive the order faster, the package can be shipped via EMS (3-5 business days usually). Please, contact us for the EMS quotes (it is usually about USD 28-36 depending on the weight).

For shipping to JAPAN, please add $30 for shipping and handling. Please allow 10 business days for shipping and handling.

WE SEND VIA USPS .

RETURN POLICY

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!

If you are not satisfied with the dash kit, full refund is guaranteed. Within 30 days after you received the product you may return it for a refund. All products must be in perfect condition, in the original package, and 3M adhesive tape has not been removed.

QUESTIONS???? PLEASE EMAIL US AT [email protected] or call us at 020 7871 5574 (Monday-Friday 13.00- 22.00)

Tried ringing them?

Didnt notice the 7-15 days bit, just read it as should recieve goods within 5 days. Its been 13 days now tho (sorry, it was actually the 19th when i made payment). the thing that was getting me worried was the fact that ive had no contact from the seller when i emailed him and ive had no UPS tracker number which should of been sent by now if i am to reiceve the item by the end of the stated time period.......

Suppose im being a bit edgey tho.....

Missed the April bit....I think you are being a tad harsh :)

Mind you I had a bloke on there threatened to send a bad report after I hadn't paid him within 24 hours of the auction ending...and this was over a weekend!

Methinks this scamming stuff has people on a knife edge - and if you are afraid either dont buy or dont sell

It's the same seller I got mine from back in December - had no problems at all. In fact the guy even exchanged one part (twice) as it was for the wrong side (LHD instead of RHD). No complaints from me :)

are you in the Uk Chris? and do you have any pics???

Yes mate - with a fair bit of heating up with my ballasts old hair dryer (now claimed as a garage tool LOL). I was very surprised at the quality and thickness of the kit - must be around 4mm thick!! And every part fitted perfectly - just a shame they don't do a bit for the top glove compartment.

don't understand. you heat it and then it sticks on? no glue?? (never done anything like this before)

That's correct dude!! The pieces come with a 3M backing so you simply remove the backing paper, heat the part up, heat the dash part up (once it's all clean etc.) and carefully stick it on. Iused a fair bit of hairdryer to heat it and get ti around a couple of the curves etc. Been on since December and no sign at all of it coming off or lifting anywere:)

I had to temporarily remove the bit on the ashtray when I painted the ashtray and gear surround - it was stuck like buggery!! Plenty of heat again and it cme off ok and back on ahain once I'd finished :)