The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car goes like an NA, Apparantley!

Guest chiefvinso

Guest chiefvinso

Well I gave the soop a go at York raceway on Sunday as I have never done a drag race in my time and a very knowledgeable member (IanR) said to one of my friends that my car went alike an NA! LMAO, I managed a 13.8 so I dont know how good that is, if it is bad then maybe I should look to check that I have tubbies on my car.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the run but boy does the soop light up in the first 3 gears!

Guest chiefvinso

Yeah I just finished going bpu and only had 4 runs, well 5 if you include where I left the tract control on - managed a 15.2 and 100 terminal with TC on! My tyres arent the best on the rear and are due a change. I have never launched an auto but its hard to get the manual going without spin.

Guest chiefvinso
I ran 13.7 with one cat still in at Santa Pod (not a good surface) so your pretty much there mate

Cheers, I had only 4 runs and have never launched the soop but my final run was best of the lot so I think with more practice it will improve. Also my reaction time is poor 1 second before I move.

Hi mate, so the below pictures i took were of you then?? The track was shitee i recon, everyone was spinning up at the start due to lack of traction.

I couldn't hear your time coz the loud speaker was dround out by the burn outs but i don't think 13.8 was bad. Plus wasn't it your first time on the strip?? The best i ever ran was a 13.09 in my bpu, was hoping to hit the 12's but the engine went :( Worst was 24 at pod with NO traction at all :cry:

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

Guest chiefvinso
Hi mate, so the below pictures i took were of you then?? The track was shitee i recon, everyone was spinning up at the start due to lack of traction.

I couldn't hear your time coz the loud speaker was dround out by the burn outs but i don't think 13.8 was bad. Plus wasn't it your first time on the strip?? The best i ever ran was a 13.09 in my bpu, was hoping to hit the 12's but the engine went :( Worst was 24 at pod with NO traction at all :cry:

Hi m8, yup that was me - cheers for taking the pics feels cool to be spotted at last! Yes it was my first ever time at drag strips. Sorry to hear about your engine hope all is well. You werent far off the 12's with that 13.09. What narked me was that someone had commented to a m8 that mine went like an na! LOL I have a bit of a bug now and the 13.8 was my fourth try so I'm quite happy with that. :) I was getting better as my times showed but the group wanted to leave as tony in his mr2 1600 with nos won his group.

You should try going to Shakepseare county raceway, it is a much better prepped surface than santa pod, once you get some decent rubber on you should get mid to low 13's with a bit of practice.

I would like to race there, looks like a nice track.

I would like to race there, looks like a nice track.

It is better than Santa pod in my opinion not just the t5rack but the attitude as well.

They keep the queues moving quickly and eat their lunch while they work meaning none of this 1 hour for lunch business. They also clear up accidents very quickly.

The only snag is they don't have so many RWYB events like santa pod do.

Guest chiefvinso
I don't tthink Ian meant it in a bad way. We couldn't hear any times really. Was your mate wearing a hat and drives an NA?? Spoke to him a while about the NA-T.

That MR2 wasn't the white one was it??

Yup the white one, we got pulled by the fuzz cos he has literally stripped it to save weight and its running nos. Yeah my m8 is the one with an NA (wearing a hat or beanie) and is going on about his conversion all the time! LOL He didnt tell me what Ian had said until we got back to the boro and for some reason I was fuming, chilled now as I had never dragged any car and after 4 proper runs I feel more comfortable in giving it another go and will do better - hopefully. :D

Guest chiefvinso

I wasnt worried about my times or if the car next to me crossed before or after me. Just got a tad wound up when we got back that my car goes like an NA and coming from someone who I respected on the board which made me question my time. Looking forward to getting my new tyres on and having another go. :D

Guest chiefvinso

Does anyone know if you have to wear a helmet at all dragstips? My first run was a 14.2 but I kept bouncing off the rev limiter as I couldnt hear the car due to the lid. Next runs I watched the rev counter!

Knowing Ian quite well the comment he made would have been tongue in cheek, and he probably said it after you ran your 15 second run :p :D

by the way i have done the ultimate embarrasement at the pod i stalled it on the line :D

Enjoy the rush and not the time ;)

Guest chiefvinso
Knowing Ian quite well the comment he made would have been tongue in cheek, and he probably said it after you ran your 15 second run :p :D

by the way i have done the ultimate embarrasement at the pod i stalled it on the line :D

Enjoy the rush and not the time ;)

LOL never thought about stalling while I was there so now I will probably stall next time! :D

Maybe it was after my 15second run - what do na's run a 1/4 in?