Auto or Manual TT

jakewebster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Youll love it... main difference is the auto changes gear for you! :)

and has a pedal missing :p

normally it's best to test drive both before buying if you're unsure, for me I knew I only wanted a manual so it was a no brainer...

hello and welcome btw :)

Guest Flat4_ire
Auto more comfortable especially round town and better for straight runs (dragging).

Manual more involving and better round a track !

Both go faster if there black :D

or white is fast too :D agreed on that one, if ur more of a cruiser it is more relaxing etc with the auto, can be a right pain havin to shift all the time, i still prefer manuals wen it comes to sports cars tho ;)

Jake, no one has mentioned it yet, but be wary of the auto box kicking down on a wet bend as it can cause some unwanted (or wanted!) back end happy action....its caught one or two members out on here.
Allegedly.

Pretty much everyone who owns an auto originally wanted a 6 speed. But the cost and rarerity of the 6 speed means a lot of people end up with an auto. I know i did.

But all I can say that since day one of owning an auto TT I've never regretted it. It really isn't as disengaging from the driving experience as some may suggest.

Sure a manual would be better on a track but how many of us actually go on a track? Auto's are a lot more comfortable to drive and if I'd bought the same car as mine with the bits and bobs it has in a manual, it would of cost at least £2k more!

Jake, no one has mentioned it yet, but be wary of the auto box kicking down on a wet bend as it can cause some unwanted (or wanted!) back end happy action....its caught one or two members out on here.

Yep this did it to me.

Still awaiting for my Car to be repaired :(

LOL :D Nice one Red, where's the old Can 'o' Worms when yer need it !

Shaun.

lol ahhh but he forgets that red paint is the heaviest, about 100kgs at least, black being the lightest (completely weightless in fact!) and yellow is somewhere in the middle :p

Yep this did it to me.

Still awaiting for my Car to be repaired :(

I am confused by this. In order for ther box to change down you must depress the loud pedal (thus activating the kick down) or be going slow enough for the car to realise that the gear was too high. If the latter was the case, the car would not lurch under extra power. If the former, then that is driver error and nothing to do with the gearbox.

well it happened, are you suggesting that he made it up? A car on the handling edge could be upset by anything, def by a badly timed gear change (up or down)

Did I say I thought he made it up? I questioned how it happened, not whether it did happen. Now, as you seem to have the knowledge of all things, pray tell me how the hell that badly timed gear change can occur on an auto to such an extent as to rev so quickly that the back end slides out?