The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello - New to this board

Bruneti

Hi there. My name's Tim and I live in the U.S. in Michigan. I've owned my '97 Supra TT for 6 years, but have just made my way over here from Supraforums. I'm particularly interested in sensible modifications that can apply to road racing or autocross, as well as on the street. Suspension, brakes, and small turbos are more up my alley than what Supraforums has become as of late. Hopefully I can learn some new things from this forum.

Bobbeh - I live in Holland, MI which is on the southwest side of the state. A fair amount different than the Metro Detroit area. Beautiful area near the lakeshore. If only the winters could be shorter...

Everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome. I've seen the "other" forum decline over the years to where it's now mostly kids, drag racers, and Dyno Queens. I pretty much only check out the Road Racing section of Supraforums these days. Some little tidbits of info posted over there are what brought me here to search. Things like: Info on Ohlins part #'s for Supra, SMIC replacement options, custom valved Bilsteins, etc. I may have to send off an email to Chris Wilson. His stuff seems well thought out and highly praised over here. No idea how much it would cost to get it over the pond.

I also know that many in the U.K. and Europe have modified stock twins. For some reason this has not worked out for those in the U.S. I'm sure it's related to the shops performing the work. I'm staying with stock twins for the forseeable future. Someday a GT58 DBB may find it's way in.

Bobbeh - I live in Holland, MI which is on the southwest side of the state. A fair amount different than the Metro Detroit area. Beautiful area near the lakeshore. If only the winters could be shorter...

Yeah, you guys get a little bit of snow dont ya ;) Uncles place is kinda in the countryside tbh, not exactly built up area, hes got about 4 neighbours in 10 acres... Eminem is 5 mins drive away apparently :search:

I went down the north west side of MI after a trip up to Macinaw, very pretty area, heavily wooded too which was nice... gotta watch out for those Deer crossing the road tho :D

The road racing section of supraforums is ok, most people in there are friendly and like to talk about racing etc rather than drag strip.