The mkiv Supra Owners Club

painted or carbon fibre dash, you decide

TreesSZ

right then, alot of divided opinion on remodelling the dash board. some say paint it, others say carbon fibre. If I knew how to set up a poll I would, but I dont so your honest opinions please. Paint, or carbon fibre (or walnut :tomato: )

Right I'm off to try and white spirit off as much old Japanese glue as possible before Jamesmarks' alcohol arives!

I'm actually wondering this myself too.

I'm tending towards something painted, but not too disimilar to oem style (i.e. no glossy finishes etc). I was thinking of matt black or dark grey, tough call though I might try a small panel and see what finishes work best.

that glue is a fuppin' bakstad to get off! :banghead:

Some may consider it tacky but I'm drawn to the carbon fibre clip ons. I think Nic's looks fantastic and I know its not a clip on. I'm going to have a look at e-bay and see what I can find. I would try and paint but the trouble is I live on site in a boarding school and I have a parking space and thats about it. I'll continue to look.

im thinking of painting it silver then putting the c/f pieces over that. think the c/f and silver would go well together

Or a grapphite grey under the CF - I would have done it to mine if I'd thought of it in time. As it is I only did the ashtray and gear surround but still looks the mutts (IHO:p )

Yeah, I did. Thought I'd risk it ad was well impressed with the quality. It's genuine carbon (I know - I tried cutting it) with a thick layer of clear plastic gel-type stuff over the top so it's nice and shiny:) :)

The pics don't really do it justice - it really does look the biz:)