The mkiv Supra Owners Club

B#LL#CKS there goes the license!

squiffy

firstly i would just like to say im not looking for sympathy and know full well i should have been more carefull!!!!!

was on the a27 in fareham yesterday and got caught by a copper with a speed gun in a layby

was doin 58 in a 40 and he got me from nearly 350 metres away!

that puts me on 12 points and now have to go to court to try and fight for my license (which would be useful seeing as i lose my job without it!)

i do have a heavy foot and im the first to admit it but i cover over 50,000 miles a year through work plus whatever i do in my own time so that doesnt help!

just a warning to the rest of you

serves me right atfer getting away with my last offence!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
firstly i would just like to say im not looking for sympathy and know full well i should have been more carefull!!!!!

was on the a27 in fareham yesterday and got caught by a copper with a speed gun in a layby

was doin 58 in a 40 and he got me from nearly 350 metres away!

that puts me on 12 points and now have to go to court to try and fight for my license (which would be useful seeing as i lose my job without it!)

i do have a heavy foot and im the first to admit it but i cover over 50,000 miles a year through work plus whatever i do in my own time so that doesnt help!

just a warning to the rest of you

serves me right atfer getting away with my last offence!!!!!!

arent u the guy that was caught doing over 100 mph a few wks ago?!!??

Go to court with a letter from your company saying this will mean you will lose your job and they will give you something like 12 points but keep your license....well along those lines! but a big fine!!

Basically they cant justify making someone lose their license if it effects income and puts a burdon back on to the goverment to pay you. So they fine you to get more money and keep you working

Basically they cant justify making someone lose their license if it effects income and puts a burdon back on to the goverment to pay you. So they fine you to get more money and keep you working

i second that, you have to hire a lawyer to do it for you, and as whitesupraboy2 says get a letter from your employers stating that you will loose your job, then you have to lay all your finances on the table in the court and get your lawyer to offer a much larger fine, and offer to go on a drivers course for aggressive drivers

Guest gzaerojon

sorry mate, unlucky :(

a driver at my last job got done and went to court to fight it

he was on 9 points and the 3 more would put him on 12.

my boss attended court to say if he lost his license he would lose his job.

the outcome was 13 points but these were conditional points, so because of the job he was allowed to keep his license but he was on his VERY LAST warning.

would someone from your work attend court? or maybe even a letter from your boss produced in court might help?

i'm sure if you play it cool and apoligise enough they might do the same sort of thing as our driver

good luck mate :)

years back i used to be clocked speeding all the time,and it allways felt i was waiting 4 years a time to clear points,.

now im down to just 3 and have been for 3 years ,another year and my licence will be clean :)

once you get back on the road maybe just learn from your own experiences ?

No excuse for speeding like that in a 40 zone; that limit's there for a reason so why is everyone having a go at the cops? I'm all for speed cameras and the like in built up areas where speed is a dangerous factor, it's out on the open road that I disagree with.

Anyway, you will only lose your license if you get 12 points or more within a 3 year period. If that's the case then you may be up shit creek unless someone from work can help you out in court; even then there's no guarantee you'll keep your license. Good luck.