The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supe is Back !!

Matt 6

After my baby being off the road over the winter I decided to have it painted before the good English weather returned ;)

Just over three weeks ago I took my car to a local paint shop which is owned by a good friend of mine. Working on the car after work for a couple of hours each night until it was totally stripped on the outside, including the glass being removed. All the bodykit was repaired where it had being marked and stressed over the years in Japan and then preped ready for paint. Once this was done the rest of the body was preped. To our amazement the body was perfectly straight apart from the bonnet!! The only repair work the whole body needed was a small dent in the front part of the bonnet, we couldn't believe it :D

When I first bought the car about 8 months ago I noticed that the bonnet was all crazed in the paint work. When we started to flat the bonnet back to get rid of this we found out that the laquer on the bonnet was still soft and had never hardened at all!! Very strange indeed. The bonnet was then flatted back to bare metal primed ready for paint.

All this prep work took us about 2 weeks and was done off site from the bodyshop as I couldn't be taking space up down there for that long. Easter Friday morning I went across to finish the prep work and to start bagging the car up ready to over to the paint shop, luckily my friend finished work early that day which ment we got it down to the shop Friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning, bonus. Now the bodyshop is about 5 miles away from where it had all been preped and stripped, so this made for an interesting drive through Nottingham in a Supra that was stripped of all its bodykit, mirrors, handles and glass!!! :innocent: :innocent:

Friday afternoon the car was painted which ment we could leave it to air dry in the paint booth over night rather than having to bake it and get it back out quickly. It has had 4 coats of base colour and 4 coats of laquer to help give it a really deep shine. Once we had driven it back to the other unit on Saturday morning my friend then spent the rest of the day flatting and polishing the whole car. Bank Holiday Monday I spent most of it rebuilding my car to the point that I needed the glass refitting. Glass fitters came back on Friday diner, so Friday night I finished the build ready for the bodykit to be flatted and polished. Again my friend spent most of his weekend on and off polishing the whole car ready for me to collect on Sunday evening, WOW!!! What a result, she is gorgeous again :D :D :D

All new badges have been fitted this week and next week I am having the wheels refurbished and hopefully new arch liners fitted to finish the outside off. Then its time for the interior...........

looks good mate, lovin that rear end :)

what is it?

Cheers everyone for all your comments

The rear end is from a company called Regulus, never seen it before anywhere other than there website.

Wheels are staying white, having the done the same white as the car. Just been to have my O.Z vinyls made for them in reflective Red so they stand out even more at night :D

Tyres are all slicked up at the minute, been out cruising in it for the last 3 days!! Insured it for 1 week so I could use it over this weekend before I take my rims off!! Just had to use it in this good weather.

Doesn't look like I am going to make the Bubble Inn meet now though, really gutted about that :( :cry:

But it will be for a good reason!!! ;)