The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speeding Fines

spikesjz

hi all

bad day all round yesterday!!! scuffed my alloys then got flahed by a GATSO not a happy bunny!!! anyway i would like to know what you'll think i'll get as a first offence!! the dual carriage way was in peterborough marked as 40 i was being hounded by a prick in an audi so i accelerated next thing i'm on top of the white markings for the speed camera nothing i could do too late!! flash flash think i was doing about 60ish. basically i'm screwed. but i hope that luck weill be on my side and there was no camera in it!!! dream on. so if you guys could give me some idea of possible fines and points might put me at rest a little....... thanks

Could be time to get a road angel or tomtom eh.Bit of advance warning.

:yeahthat:

If they are going to do you it has to be posted in 14 days...any longer and it's void....start counting...:)

That's for an NIP. If you are up for a bannable offense (i.e any more points would take you over the limit) then it will be a summons and can take longer...:(

Guest shanksy5

I have just received a Notice of Intended Prosecution for doing 57 in a 50 on the A43, not too far from Peterborough. Thought it was a 60 zone to be honest, and am currently in the process of hiring a crack team of legal representatives to fight my case, but I think I might as well accept the fact that it will be £60 and 3 points. My own fault I know but still a little frustrating.

You never know though, if it was a GATSO and not a SPECS, there may have been no film in it...

anyway i would like to know what you'll think i'll get as a first offence!!

there is no such thing as a first offence on a gatso mate, but just because it flashed you it still does not mean that it is live, only appx 5% of gatso's are live unless they have increased that figure

Thought about getting a Tom Tom sat nav myself.Didn't realise they incorporated a radar scanner as well.Is this true?

road angel 1 has not got a radar scanner as far as i believe but can buy an add on which is a wire

road angel 2 has got sa radar detector but TBH there is loafds of arguement on the detectors that when it flashes up the warning thats you already booked, and others say that it does give you warning

sat nav has got radar detectors but not all of them, your talking a lot of money for sat nav and speed detector aswell

Had a look on some web pages and found this (See Below). Looks like with a fixed penalty notice, as adam has pointed out, you will most likely get a £60 fine and 3 points.

"For the speeding offences which the police and the Crown Prosecution Service (the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) in Scotland) judge to be serious enough to consider a court hearing to be warranted, the system provides a significant degree of flexibility. Magistrates or judges may deal with speeding offenders in a number of ways, according to their judgement of the seriousness of the offence. They may endorse by between three and six penalty points, or disqualify outright, and may additionally fine up to £1,000 (or £2,500 for a motorway offence).

But the great majority of speeding offences are dealt with through the fixed penalty procedure. Here, the penalty is at present a flat rate of three penalty points and a £60 fine, regardless of the degree of speeding. The figure of three penalty points is determined by the minimum of the range of penalty points specified for the offence in Schedule 2 of the Road Traffic Act Offenders1988".

Just be greatful you didn't do 30mph over the limit, that would most likely have involved a disqualification from driving!!!

road angel 1 has not got a radar scanner as far as i believe but can buy an add on which is a wire

road angel 2 has got sa radar detector but TBH there is loafds of arguement on the detectors that when it flashes up the warning thats you already booked, and others say that it does give you warning

sat nav has got radar detectors but not all of them, your talking a lot of money for sat nav and speed detector aswell

Just to clarify a point John.

When you say add-on radar detactors, I am thinking you are meaning laser detectors, i.e as in mobile speed traps. As you said, laser warning is always too late.

Radar warning is OK but the police no longer use radar guns for mobile traps.

You can get a Satnav with camera warning for around 250-300 quid (I have one).

These are based on GPS and are probably the only way you can get warning of all types, including potential mobile traps.