The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash painting

wkdtime

just carried this out, now i have a few questions, hope you guys can help,

Firstly i have applied the colour i want it sprayed and i now need to laquer it, do i have to wet flat the paint now and then laquer it? or do i just laquer it as it is?

any tips on laquering (spray) do i have to flat sand the laquer aswell after a few coats?

cheers guys.

laquer is applied normally 30/40 mins after basecoat (depending on room temps) so basically when the basecoat is still slightly tacky. if you have left it to long and the paint is dry then it might cause adhesion problems were the laquer might start flaking off in the furture.

you will be better to wet and dry panels using 600 grit and just spray one more coat of paint then spray it with laquer, no need to sand down again.

Small hijack where do you guys get wierd colours in spray form? I have been looking for a purple colour but Halfords don't do any that arnt metalic I have noticed Renault do a "blackberry" purple do you think I would be better off going to one of their dealers and seeing if they do a touch up spray??