The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE Questions

Tom S

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.......... when is it? Are you guys having a stand? If so, can I get on it??

Andy

Pete put it well

See this thread. There's camping options and you may want to order a curry. ;)

The show itself is Sat and Sunday. Camping is happening Fri. There's always a massive convoy on Sun morning - details to be yet disclosed (unless noone has told me and they don't want me to turn up) ;)

Pete put it well

You mean no-one wants me to turn up!:(

I have a couple.

1) How much is it to camp for both days?

2) Is wireless Internet available? (power sockets?)

3) Would you like me to look into multicasting a video stream from our tent? (Having a webcam which streams to a server where people can connect and view the activities in real time)

4) Anyone up for the spec list idea we did a couple of years back where you have a doc template to fill your details in?

5) Are there passes out to be able to go in and out of the camp site if needs be? (for more beer ;) )

6) Where are we meeting on Sunday for the convoy in?

1) How much is it to camp for both days? It will be 1 price for the whole weekend think last year was £15 per car

2) Is wireless Internet available? (power sockets?) Should be BT Openzone I have passes

3) Would you like me to look into multicasting a video stream from our tent? (Having a webcam which streams to a server where people can connect and view the activities in real time) Can do

4) Anyone up for the spec list idea we did a couple of years back where you have a doc template to fill your details in? Will find out for you

5) Are there passes out to be able to go in and out of the camp site if needs be? (for more beer ;) ) YEP

6) Where are we meeting on Sunday for the convoy in? TBA

We do plan on trying to get the best club stand trophy so this year we are looking for best behaviour from all please. Last year had a few incidents and fingers were pointed so this year we need to avoid those sorts of incidents.

So do all please behave, there will be LOTS to do on the club stand so no need to wander off round the showground late at night.

JB

We do plan on trying to get the best club stand trophy so this year we are looking for best behaviour from all please. Last year had a few incidents and fingers were pointed so this year we need to avoid those sorts of incidents.

So do all please behave, there will be LOTS to do on the club stand so no need to wander off round the showground late at night.

JB

cheers, John

my thoughts exactly thought you would be around some where.

I'm thinking of compiling a .net jae 'mixtape' to be played on the stand or in our cars. Does this sound like a good idea? Would be made up of all your requests and mixed to perfection like a bag of pre-mixed morrisons salad. :D

I'm thinking of compiling a .net jae 'mixtape' to be played on the stand or in our cars. Does this sound like a good idea? Would be made up of all your requests and mixed to perfection like a bag of pre-mixed morrisons salad. :D

do it mate.

from your sig, need to sort some doughnuts out for the Sunday too (eh JB)

cheers, John

my thoughts exactly thought you would be around some where.

I was contemplating my reply and then decided it was better to make the above post instead.

This is the first year we are putting a considerable amount of club funds in to an event so I really want people to enjoy it and get the most out of it. The attendence figures are already looking great and if I can get as many cars as last year for the Sunday convoy then it should be great.

It may be an idea to take each individual question and place them at the start of the thread so theres a FAQ for JAE. Do you have edit rights on this section?

JB

I was contemplating my reply and then decided it was better to make the above post instead.

This is the first year we are putting a considerable amount of club funds in to an event so I really want people to enjoy it and get the most out of it. The attendence figures are already looking great and if I can get as many cars as last year for the Sunday convoy then it should be great.

If may be an idea to take each individual question and place them at the start of the thread so theres a FAQ for JAE.

JB

Ok, will do, will need to move this to events JB

Lets leave this thread in here for the chit chat and questions and then if you can start a new thread in the events section, add in the questions and answers to that as you go along and leave it closed with a link back to this thread then that would work better. means the chit chat stays here and the info goes to one single thread.

You okay with that?

JB

Lets leave this thread in here for the chit chat and questions and then if you can start a new thread in the events section, add in the questions and answers to that as you go along and leave it closed with a link back to this thread then that would work better. means the chit chat stays here and the info goes to one single thread.

You okay with that?

JB

yep

Guest gzaerojon

do we need tickets?

how much is it for the 3 days?

can the tents stay up for the whole time?

showers? (i've never been so no idea what to expect)

BBQ's ok?

do we need tickets? see FAQ's

how much is it for the 3 days? will post as soon as I know

can the tents stay up for the whole time? yes in designated area

showers? (i've never been so no idea what to expect) see FAQ's

BBQ's ok? See FAQ's

FAQ's link in post 1

Hi Tom :p .....Im trying to get down on the Friday night this year what time upto can you get on the site ?..... as i am working Fri and cannot get out of it !! :search:

Cant wait yahoo !!

Cheers

Ian

I'll be there from about 12 noon I hope so any time from then, will post my mobile number in members chat for the event OK

Are the showers normally clean? Yes but tend to get very busy, best to go early morning, we will be right beside the shower block

Or do you advise flip flops? Always worth while just in case

Can we cook on site or are there cafe type things? There will be a club BBQ gas powered, food supplied by club donations to cover costs.

Is the tent area lit? I've been to a few festivals where finding tent was difficult. Yes, lighting will also be inside Marquee and surrounding area