The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My babby is all painted up!....

Sub_Culture

Well, shes painted.......... and Im chuffed to bits! The colour has turned out PERFECTLY! Very hard to take a picture of it, but it is a Toyota white with a very fine metallic and gold/blue pearl. I think it's spot on!

Still got lots to do (mesh front bumper, get small front numberplate, clear indicators, late spec rear lights etc etc etc!!!!), but she's made great progress this weekend.

Anyway, enough of me babbling, here's some piccys! Hope you all like.

Andy

No, dont mind at all, mate. Im still learning to paint but done most of it myself! Just got a little help putting the pearl on, as I still need to master that. It truly is an art.

The paint is a Toyota 'Metallic White Sparkle'. Used two litres of white basecoat and two litres of pearl. That worked out to £120 (which is a trade price). I used four coats of UCI lacquer which works out at another £40, so all in all, not too expensive. Im really happy with it. Think the car look infinitely smarter, and really modernises the whole appearance.

Andy

Thanks, Gareth. My friend owns a bodyshop, and so was kind enough to let me use his oven/guns etc etc. Not sure on what makes they are, but can find out for you?

Andy

Damn, wish i had a friend with a bodyshop. Good friend to have. Im only asking all these question cos repainting is something i plan to do with my next one and would love to have a go myself. That way i can make sure everything is smoothed off and filled in like you did, without paying 2-3k for it. Trouble is id be doing it in a garage and not sure its the right environment for it. I could hire a few heaters, thats not a major problem, its the dust and other crap floating around.

Damn, wish i had a friend with a bodyshop. Good friend to have. Im only asking all these question cos repainting is something i plan to do with my next one and would love to have a go myself. That way i can make sure everything is smoothed off and filled in like you did, without paying 2-3k for it. Trouble is id be doing it in a garage and not sure its the right environment for it. I could hire a few heaters, thats not a major problem, its the dust and other crap floating around.

Yes, it certainly helps! Its fantastic to have that sort of support and back up, as I hope to make a business of show cars soon. Me and my friends have several show cars now for this show season, so hopefully that will make a big enough impact to get a few more jobs coming in. We have done quite a lot of unique mods out there!

Yeah, dust extraction is absolutely essential. If you can get some sort of heat extraction Id say get involved and have a go!

Andy

for all you out there that would " like to have a go yourselves" trust me it ain't that easy and if you are willing to mess your car up and waste alot of time and money then your mad imo.:D

car does look fantastic though ( that paint was cheap even trade? not ici or glasurite(sp) then?)

Guest Flat4_ire

im not crazy about the rear, but everything else looks the biz and the spoilerless supra buzz is starting to make me wanna take mine off, looks mean