The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got one...

Guest darz_wrx

Guest darz_wrx

Hey guys,

Finally got a Supra, went for a n/a model, help keep the insurance down :)

So now, i'm looking to get some kinda bodykit for it, wasn't gonna, but looking at some of the Supra's on here think i'm gonna have to!

what you all recomend? Pics would be a great help

Thanks Guys

Guest darz_wrx

TT was a lot more expensive? Although i heard that before and wasn't quite sure when they gave me my quote. out of interest, what insurance group are the N/A and turbos?

not unless he trys lancaster:d

FFS grow up, people who post here are looking for genuine advice, not the ramblings of a teenager who has next to zero experience of Supra ownership.

Insurance companies are not going to offer the same deal to every person. From the years of experience on here it’s been shown time and time again that NA's will cost as much to insurance as a TT (If not more compared to UK TT's)

Blindly recommended one company isn't going to solve all problems especially if you lie on you quotation, eh jazz? Have you got another quotation since you added the points?

TT was a lot more expensive? Although i heard that before and wasn't quite sure when they gave me my quote. out of interest, what insurance group are the N/A and turbos?

Insurance group has nothing to do with insurance quotes for these cars. A UK TT will always be cheapest to insruce, followed by import TT's and NA's which will cost more but equal amounts.

I'm 29 and and NA will cost me only slightly less to insure than my 430hp TT, and thats through the club insurace!

You haven't specified your age in your profile so its a bit difficult to offer specific advice on insurance though...

Guest TTkeith

Im paying £600odds for my import TT. Thats for me and my g/f both 21 and I olnly have 1 year NCB. Its due for re-nual in June, by that point I'll have 2 years NCB so I wonder how 'expensive' it'll be then.

I looked at getting a N/A myself for other reasons tan insurance it I was getting quoted around £150 cheaper that the TT, that was both saying they're imports.

K.

Im paying £600odds for my import TT. Thats for me and my g/f both 21 and I olnly have 1 year NCB.
Seriously, that's too cheap. I bet they have it down as a MKIII. It's a common mistake by insurance companies.

Does it say on the Insurance Certificate the engine size in cc or anything else that makes it definitely a MKIV?

I had this problem with Tesco. After months of being insured with them I went to change the policy to another Supra of a similar spec but the quote was much more. It turned out that they thought my 1998 VVTi was a MKIII

:wtf:

Anyway, 600 odd is way to cheap to be right. I pay over 400 for a JDM TT and I'm 40 years old with 7 years NCD and a clean licence. My only declared mods are exhaust, bodykit and wheels.

Check it out Keith mate. You don't want to find out when claim-time comes that they won't pay out.

Seriously, that's too cheap.

Check it out Keith mate. You don't want to find out when claim-time comes that they won't pay out.

Yeah, I agree. £600 is way too cheap! Double check, IIRC the engine size on your insurance docs should be 2997cc.

Back to the original thread question though. Definitely go for the the TRD rear spats and side skirts (OEM optional ones). IMO they look best, but I would say that I guess as that's what I have. As for the nose I'm not sure, I don't like any of the aftermarket ones to be honest but that's my opinion. And I definitely don't like the Veilside one!

Conrad, are the sideskirts in your avitar TRD ones? I thought they were just Mr T OEM optional ones. Anyway they are the ones I meant, same as the ones I have and I think they suit the car really well.

Not sure now mate, I just thought the OEM optional ones were TRD. I'm probably wrong though, either way the ones on my car! ;) :D