The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Initial D Film

NEO

Initial D is a Japanese produced film, based around the drift car world and is due to be released on 12th May but at selected cinemas only. For a brief description into the story line follow the link below:

http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/php-bin/frameme.php?page=/films/initald.fhtml

or go to the web site for Initial D:

http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/index_en.html

initald_0_thumb.jpg

I dont think anything can be as bad as that, I know what you mean mate it was a big disapointment :rolleyes: but looking at some of the trailers for Initial D it does look like some good driving skills and some old school Toyota motors getting sideways.

I believe it is, of which I have also seen some of the animated films of the same name (initial D) and they were great. Just wished they had these type of animated films released over here in the UK but had to order mine from oversees.

One of the best quotes in 1 of the films was "Road racers have to accept challenges, right?" :eyebrows:

For more info on the Film version coming out in May click link below:

http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/index_en.html

Even though it uses Japanese character names, and is based on the Japanese books, manga and animes, Initial D was produced as a Cantonese HK/Chinese movie (Tau man ji D) in the original language. its not a Japanese movie per se, the cast are mostly Taiwan, HK actors/singers and well known there, especially Jay Chou and Edison Chen. There are a couple or so Japanese in the movie, but playing lesser roles.

there was an 1998 Japanese TV Series named Initial D which was a 26part Japanese series and known as Initial D - First Stage.

following this there were 2nd to 4th Stage (movies), plus others. i have the OSTs to this and other series, music is good..

check out The Legend of Speed, a really good HK/Chinese car/racing movie. i have only seen this in Cantonese, and it has Cecilia Cheung in so thats good enough for me :love: :love: