The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra running costs?

Guest peachy

Guest peachy

hi guys! :)

according to the info iv'e found on the twin turbo and normaly aspirated supras............

insurance quotes for the TT and n/a are pennies difference and both are £230 cheaper a year then my scooby :blink:

the TT does 19 mpg and the n/a does 20 mpg! :blink:

so running costs are exactly the same.......obviously serviceing will be more on the turbo! :)

does this sound right because it doesn't make sense to me? :(

cheers guys! ;)

hi guys! :)

according to the info iv'e found on the twin turbo and normaly aspirated supras............

insurance quotes for the TT and n/a are pennies difference and both are £230 cheaper a year then my scooby :blink:

the TT does 19 mpg and the n/a does 20 mpg! :blink:

so running costs are exactly the same.......obviously serviceing will be more on the turbo! :)

does this sound right because it doesn't make sense to me? :(

cheers guys! ;)

mines an n/a and does around 18mpg but possibly more when doin motorways, insurance on a UK spec does seem to be less than a j-spec aswell.

not sure about tt mpg.

TT will end up being a lot more to run than the n/a, the boost is so additictive and so is the modding, I have just come back to driving mine after 6 months and within 3 weekends I have spent £250 for 900 miles just on fuel, quite a bit!

edited the mileage.

i get about 24 mpg in my NA.

Servicing costs i think personally alot less.

Change oil every 6k

Spark plugs mine have done 25,000 miles ...ahem...must change them :innocent:

But as you've prob come from high performance scooby...TT will be what you want....you just cant throw it into the corners like the scooby

Guest peachy

cheers guys makes me wonder why anyone would want the n/a when running costs are almost identical! i can't imagine the TT costing more to run than my impreza,i get around 120-150 miles to a tank full and thats not hammering about all the time either but i got an ra gearbox which revs the tits out of the car all the time! lol :)

Guest peachy
i was 20 and didnt wana kill myself or lose my license :) and also NA's were 8k cheapest when i got mine :(

lol thats a very good point didn't think of that! the turbos so cheap at the moment though ;)

Guest peachy
No offence but if you are worried about running costs buy a fiesta these cars are not economical and cost afortune to run but you wont get a bigger smile than driving down the road in a supra on a sunny day!!!

i'm not worried about the running costs mate! i can't believe the turbo and n/a are almost identical on the running costs!!!!! :)

i'm not worried about the running costs mate! i can't believe the turbo and n/a are almost identical on the running costs!!!!! :)

It doesn't make sense I know. The main reason people buy N/A's and the reason I considered one is the initial purchase cost. But with TT's going for as little as £6k you should definitely get a TT.

Get a quote off Sky Insurance too, they're our club insurers. Mention you're a member on here. It makes hardly any difference to them whether it's an N/A or TT or UK spec. As for the MPG, I get around 12mpg on average and I'm bog standard. Mainly because I've a heavy right foot!

Also, sell your Scooby asap and get a Supra! My mate has a heavily modded classic Scoob but loves my Supra. They're just soooo much better looking!:p :D ;)

I Can't beleive it !!!!!!

Cant believe what? My 12mpg? :D Unfortunately for me it's true. I can achieve better but rarely do.

thought I was getting 14mpg until I discovered a dodgy km/miles odo conversion. You must be wearing lead boots to average 12mpg!

How did you discover this? My limiter kicks in at 120mph and not the quoted 112mph. Could this indicate a possible dodgy conversion?