The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie query? how much for good mk4 supra?? (mr2 turbo owner).

Guest jimTurbo

Guest jimTurbo

maybe just be a little out of my league, but i thought id join to find out a little about these TT beasts....

presently drive around in a 260bhp mr2 turbo which i like, but ive always wondered what a bigger meaner car would be like, namely a supra TT or (even more out of my league a R33 GTR).....

how much, and more importantly for a nice/mint do supra TTs go for? the mk4 i believe.

ive had my mr2 2 years and im close to thinking i might like a new project.

i would estimate im pulling very low 5s 0-60 and going by what ive seen mid 13s 1/4 mile....

how much of a difference is a 1500kg car like a supra gona be compared to my 1290kg mr2???

2 years ago i couldnt afford a TT, and im guessing insurance would be the same as my mr2 turbo (insurance group 20)....things have changed and i would bet supras are a little cheaper.

looks a great site i god dam love all mk4 supras just wondering what your thoughts are....

i still like a lightening car off the line and low 13s maybe even 12s car....nothing more than that. now im prob only a turbo upgrade away from 12s in my mr2 (320bhp), i have all usual stage 1 mods, downpipe, ic, nur spec exhaust, induction, plugs.

i suppose my question is what is a 12s supra likely to cost me?

oh and hi......:innocent:

Just for info my completely stock UK TT manual could 'only' do a high 13's quarter.

Simple/moderate BPU stuff will see high 12's i believe.

a fair few ex MR2 owners about, that might be worth contacting/pm'ing........

.........muffleman and Mcanny spring to mind..........i think both miss aspects of thier 2's.......in fact muffleman has kept his :)

Guest dee_rz

basic modded supra should see very low 13's high 12's without a problem i'd say a good tt would be 9K plus but will stick need to look out for unloved not look after cars, they do exsist, take someone who know supras with you if you can when you buy one, my take is buy one off here if you can, usually more loved examples here.

Between my two cars only- my MR2 would utterly rape my Supra to the ton or so, then the Supe would slowly gain then pass.

At the end of the Bruntingthorpe runway the MR2 managed 150mph vs the Supra's 153mph- verified by laser.

Know what you meen about the 2's. miss my old one. What do you have done to her?

Guest jimTurbo

so do you think im better off just keeping the '2? as im only really after 0-100mph......

i know the sups have long gearing hense why it pulls so well, but im not sure if i fancy something that is gona take me to 900mph, lol.

thanks.

Guest jimTurbo
Jim, I see yours is a rev 2 tubby, even with them mods, I'm not sure it would beat a stock TT to 100. Especially if you go against a 6 speed manual variant.

oh i never said my present car would beat a tt to 100, i mentioned in an early post that im only a turbo upgrade away from decent power...

just trying to keep my options open. cause you guys mentioned that like past 60mph whilst rolling the tt is mental.....