The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meet/BBQ - Sunday 9th July 06 - Fighting Cocks Pub, Wendens Ambo, Essex

Peter P

Hey all,

We have 26 members interested and may be losing 5 due to the date but hopefully not!

This should be a great day out and a chance to meet other members, discuss our prides and joyes and munch a few burgers washed down with some good beer (or wine, spirits etc!:D ).

ANYONE who wants to come along is welcome and by all means bring a m8 or the missus as it's a family pub with a good sized beer garden and if the weather is kind, will be fun for everyone.

There is the option of camping the night before (Saturday 8th July) for anyone who's interested which hopefully will allow any members from further afield to attend.

The event is for Essex Air Ambulance which is a worthy charity that have saved many a motorist's life by being able to administer treatment straight away and get them to hopsital faster than by road.

We will have a raffle on the day with some prizes and some t-shirts and trophies for various aspects of the cars on display. The T-Shirts will be £5 per shirt and all the money will be put into the charity collection at the end of the day.

If anyone would like to help or has an idea that may help to improve the day for us all, please PM me so we can discuss it.

Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz will be on hand to help with any technical queries I'm sure and will be bringing a handful of some of the nicest, extremely powerful Japanese performace cars around in addition to anything elsa he feels like! (may be doing some E-Manage mapping but that's for him to decide as would the likely cost).

What I should stress most is this day will be about having a good laugh, enjoying some good grub, drinking a few pints and meeting the faces/people behind the usernames and raising some much needed money for a worthy cause.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the day and please add your username to this list if you wish to attend to help me gauge the amount of food we will need!:

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17.s crane & diane

18. BlackBeauty

19.Mich

20. SteveL

21. Robsheffield

22. Paul Whiffin

23. Darren Robinson

24. Dan Widdicks

25. Paul Tibbs

26. Christian Wood

Cheers,

Pete :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd be interested in coming along ...

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17.s crane & diane

18. BlackBeauty

19.Mich

20. SteveL

21. Robsheffield

22. Paul Whiffin

23. Darren Robinson

24. Dan Widdicks

25. Paul Tibbs

26. Christian Wood

27. Ben Weeks

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17.s crane & diane

18. BlackBeauty

19.Mich

20. SteveL

21. Robsheffield

22. Paul Whiffin

23. Darren Robinson

24. Dan Widdicks

25. Paul Tibbs

26. Christian Wood

27. Ben Weeks

28. Tournquet

No probs guys will be good to have you in attendance and as I said the more the merrier!! :D

For anyone wanting to come down on the Saturday, I'll camp out with you guys to keep you company!! Picked up a very reasonable 2-man tent yesterday so will be good to give it some use!! There will be breakfast available Sunday morning in the pub and it'll be open till midnight for a few drinks, pool darts etc!! Let me know if your interested please guys and gals!

I should add it'll be a £10 donation to start with and that covers the first burger, hotdog etc and starts the charity collection.

Still coming up with events, prizes etc but any input will be more than welcome!!! :)

Looking good but we can handle double the number of current attendees!!!! So please keep them coming!!! Will be a great day and a good chance to meet other like minded owners.

Thanks again,

Pete :)

Good news!!!! :D

I e-mailed Steve Chalmers at J-Tuner who has included a letter in Issue 14 promoting our little meet! :D He also would love to do a feature and will let me know once he's spoken to the rest of the team.

Provided the weather holds out (today is NOT a good sign!!;) ) we should have a great turnout of classy Supe's with a smattering of other top Jap Marques as well!

I'm going to get in touch with Thor today regarding the dyno but notice no one has really expressed any views on whether they would want to use this?? If not, it's unfair to get someone on site for nothing so can we please start some numbers for power runs to give me an indication on possible demand.

I'm also organising the T-Shirts at the moment which will be a fairly simple design but will mark the occasion and at £5 will be a nice memento!

Any more for any more?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eyebrows:

All the best and i'll keep you all posted! :)

Cheers,

Pete

Hi M8,

No worries i'll get the postcode sorted today and stick it up ASAP! :)

The general area is Wendens Ambo which is just after Newport (the Essex one not the Welsh one!!!;) ) near Saffron Walden.

I'm going to sort out the directions for everyone nearer the time and post up the different approaches people need but will get the postcode for anyone who wants it.

Latest on the Dyno

===============

- I spoke at length with Peter from Thor yesterday afternoon and he's working out some prices for us. He reckoned a maximum of 12 power runs on the day as they need time for setting it all up and dismantling it at the end of the day plus, it's the type that connects to the hubs so takes a bit longer to setup but gives more accurate results. Peter may even bring the Thor project Supra along!:eyebrows:

see here: http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/THORThunder-191.asp

Which would be intersting to see!!

I will post the prices up once known but can anyone interested PM me to confirm your interest (Obviously I can't ask Peter to pack all the gear up, drive 2 hours to the location, unpack and set all the gear up and then no one does a power run!!).

I know I personally would love to see Paul Whiffin's beasty scream it's nuts off and find out what kinda power it's packing and Thor are the guys to do the job!! (just did the Envy Supra so the equipment is up to the job!) They operate as a 4 man team (those hub monitors weigh 1/2 tonne apparently!:blink: ) and are professionals as some of you will know if you've used them before so cars will be well cared for.

Let me know please peeps! :)

Cheers,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Smarty,

Postcode as requested: CB11 4JN

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you!! :)

I trust that EVERYONE who has said they will attend is subscribed to this thread??;)

Just that no one has added anything to date and it's a little tricky trying to organise things for everyone when I don't know what you are looking to do one the day?!

Can I get a list of those interested in getting a dyno session please (prices will be posted once known and this is NOT obligatory if you put down your name!!):

1. Peter P

Just copy and paste the above and add your name please boys and girls.

Also, who wants a T-Shirt or 10?! :D They will be costing £6 each and a demo will be getting posted asap for people to see. Just need to know approx numbers and sizes for now.

More to follow but please can you POST something, ANYTHING to stop me thinking this is for my benefit and no one is reading it!!!! ;)

Thanks,

Hopefully if the event goes as i'm planning it'll be one for the calendar and may be repeated every year! :)

As I said it's not everyday you can go to a meet chat with other members, get a dyno run, good BBQ grub and a pint or three, a t-shirt to mark the occasion and a chance to win a few goodies on the raffle!!!!!

Plus, camping the night before if your that way inclined and a good hearty breakfast prepared by the landlady for a minimal charge!!! (we call her fry up 'heart attack on a plate'!!!!:D ).

Anyone who's attended any of the big shows will know how hard it is to get a dyno run due to the huge crowds and number of people waiting where as with this if your interested in seeing what power you've got it's 99% sure you can do it! (pending enough initial interest to make it worthwhile getting Thor to come).

Gone are the days of sitting in the car in Tesco's carpark with pouring rain and a cold sarny and an orange juice!! (sounds like a school trip!)

The other most valuable thing is this is a charity event and that's enough said really!

So come on peeps sign up,sign up and be part of the 2006 Wendens Ambo Meet!! :D

Hi Pete,

keep up the good work... and I'll go for the power run as well....

1. Peter P

2. SteveL

All - Petes already put a huge amount of effort into this, so it would be a shame not to make the effort to come along...

Not that its a golden carrot - but I can see a great opportunity to show some of the local 'car park' boys what real cars are all about... I'd love to see the faces on the nova boys when 20 odd supras turned up in the car park...:D :d :D

( I know - very childish, but sometimes the smallest things keep us sane)

I know it would also be good to put a few names to faces as I've rarely had the chance to get to other meets and catch up with the locals on here......

Cheers guys for the latest input, will wait to hear from anyone needing to clear it with the missus etc!! ;)

Right it's crunch time so I need to know how you all want me to play this!! I now need to know the number of people in attendance, whether you would like t-shirt(s) and what sizes you want, what eating requirements you may have if not happy with burgers, hot-dogs, chicken legs etc and if you want a power run from the boys at Thor.

If I don't start seeing any responses on this thread then as much as it pains me to do it, i'll have to start PM'ing you one by one to get the feedback I need. This isn't unreasonable IMHO as I need to get the groundwork sorted out ASAP to insure we all have a great day and without these details it'll be hit and miss which I don't want (hopefully you all agree with me on that?!).

I'll kick off:

1. Peter P - Just me - 5 x T-Shirts (XL) - No special eating requirements - Interested in power run dependent on cost.

And so on.

Sorry if you find this a nuisance but it really is the only way to do it and make sure everyone gets what they want out of the day.

Will leave this 2 weeks from today and then start PM'ing anyone who hasn't responded.

Thanks again and if you have any problems, drop me a PM or post up here and i'll get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Pete :D

1. Peter P - Just me - 5 x T-Shirts (XL) - No special eating requirements - Interested in power run dependent on cost.

2. Ouch got me 1 x T Shirt (xl) - Eat anything in front of me (except cheese) - yes please on power run

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( M :p ) + 1 umbrella - Eat anything thats not moving - Yep for Power Run

2. Ouch got me 1 x T Shirt (xl) - Eat anything in front of me (except cheese) - yes please on power run

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( M ) - Eats anything - Yep for Power Run

4. Markymark + partner + 1 t-shirt (m) if you do kids t-shirts can you let me know as interested and we also eat anything:d

Isn't it typical!!! I always seem to forget something when updating the thread!!! ;)

The only other question I need answers to is anyone wanting to camp out on the Saturday evening???

As mentioned I can join anyone who wants to but not to keen if it's just me!!!!!! :search: :blink:

Let me know please guys & girls!!

If anyone wants kids t-shirts can they PM me with sizes as I may be able to get this sorted as well.

Cheers,

4. Markymark + partner + 1 t-shirt (m) if you do kids t-shirts can you let me know as interested and we also eat anything

5. Mich - (with owenreme) - 1 x T-shirt (M) - No special eating requirements - no to power run

6. Owenreme - 1 x T-shirt (L) - Lots of meat!!! - no to power run

4. Markymark + partner + 1 t-shirt (m) if you do kids t-shirts can you let me know as interested and we also eat anything

5. Mich - (with owenreme) - 1 x T-shirt (M) - No special eating requirements - no to power run

7. lee s - just me 1 x t shirt (xl) - eats all

7. lee s - just me 1 x t shirt (xl) - eats all

8. BlackBeauty - just me - 1 x T-Shirt (m) - no special eating requirements