The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When do you decide to Sell???

jaymdee

Usually I get bored of cars after a year or so, but end up keeping them for around 3 years before moving onto something newer/better etc.

But I can't see this happening with the Supe!! Sure, there are cars I'd quite like (eg Skyline R34 GTR, Exige, Monaro VXR just a few) but I struggle to see how they will provide a better overall package that the Supra.

I've had the car 2 years (and have done Exhaust, wheels, gauges, FMIC, suspension) and would normally be deciding on my next buy, but instead I'm currently getting new Bilsteins, TRD CF wing, possibly RLTC (Lucifer - where's that GB?), and also looking at getting a TRD CF bonnet, maybe new alloys & G&B interior this year!! There's no way I'm thinking of moving on next March. Infact, next year I may even think about going Single... :D

Anyone else find they're keeping the Supe longer than they would normally keep a car?? :shrug:

J :)

What I do is every couple of years when it would normally be time to buy another car I put the extra money I would have spent on a new one into upgrading the Supra! Good excuse for modding anyway! :D

Yep Simon, I think this is the way. Rather than losing a few k every couple of years, just plough it into the Supra

Well this is definatly the longest i've ever owned a car, coming up to 2 years now. But as said before, where do you ggo from here. The performance for money is gonna be very hard to beat. My next car i reckon will require aa lottery win :D

:yeahthat:

i do sometimes consider changing but what do you get after a supra?

i did think about a bentley turbo r, with 20" chromes and a meaty exhaust :cool:

Well this is definatly the longest i've ever owned a car, coming up to 2 years now. But as said before, where do you ggo from here. The performance for money is gonna be very hard to beat. My next car i reckon will require aa lottery win :D

Yeah, but if I did win the lottery which is, admittedly, unlikely as I don't actually do it, I would spend on the Supra (and Integrale too) first and while the work's being done I may consider getting an Aston Martin Vanquish to tide me over :p

Funnily enough I was thinking about this the other day. Now I know that I have only had mine for a short while but that doesnt usually stop me from thinking about other cars. In the time I have been driving (9 years), I have owned 8 cars so you can see that I do like to change. Also during that time I had a CRX for 3.5 years so I have been averaging around a car a year.

I cannot ever imagine wanting another car, I love this car so much (way more than the CRX and I really did like that car) and cannot think of a single reason to change in the future. This is also the first time that I have been in a position to do any modifications as money has always been a problem before, but now I am just looking forward to doing a few things to this car to make it faster and make it feel like mine and not somebody else's (if you know what I mean).

The only other car I have ever really wanted was a Skyline (R33 or R34) but my brother has a R33 GTR and whilst it is very nice and very fast, they are just to complexed and prone to problems.

Mark

I also agree, I can't really see where to go next that isn't a step down in some respect or another (aside from lottery win purchases lol). I always hoped I'd like the supra enough to want to keep it for the long term and this has definitely been the case so far. I'm the same as others, bought a run around motor for daily driving so that the supra lasts longer and there is less temptation to replace it due to practicality/economy needs etc.

So I'd say there is no right time until it becomes obvious that you have your mind set on something better, maybe a newer faster supe for example :D