The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rain ????

NeoFuture

i mean its just like any other car if you drive it like you should in the conditions

I don't recall anyone saying they're SCARED of driving their Supra in the wet. Just that when you do, you need to give it a healthy dollop of respect.

You drive an N/A I notice......

(Not saying anything bad or negative here in any way about the N/A but they do have a more linear power delivery and are not quite as likely to 'loose it' in bad conditions.:innocent: )

I don't recall anyone saying they're SCARED of driving their Supra in the wet. Just that when you do, you need to give it a healthy dollop of respect.

You drive an N/A I notice......

(Not saying anything bad or negative here in any way about the N/A but they do have a more linear power delivery and are not quite as likely to 'loose it' in bad conditions.:innocent: )

Wish I could agree with you there but my first Supra which was a NA ended up in the scrap yard in the sky. Worth remembering NA's dont have Slip control where as TT's do :)

With a supra TT (espcially BPU) its the power delivery that causes the "problem". In that 2nd turbo kick it'll jump 150ib/ft in a few hundred rpm. Thats what causes it to become a bit of a handful in the wet. With an NA you get a nice smooth power curve and easy delivery.

NA's are a pussy cat in the wet compared to any slightly modded TT.

Why are you guys so scared of using the car in the wet/rain/bad weather

ive only had mine5 weeks and use it in any weather !!! whats the issue just drive slower ?

Your right, I have been getting the same feeling lately, I distinctly remember someone saying they werent coming out cause its raining.

If the conditions arent good, ie completely dry and its wet and Im only using straight line speed, my Supe is ok on one turbo, so I just end up booting it till 3k then always changing up a gear, its surprising how easy this becomes and I tend to drive this way a lot without noticing it now, which is slightly better on fuel. Its just when your trying to lay power down on bends when you have to be real carefull........and I always drive with the TC off, in can be hard enough handling the Supe let alone with the TC springing a surprises on you ;)

Why are you guys so scared of using the car in the wet/rain/bad weather

ive only had mine5 weeks and use it in any weather !!!

Go you! ;)

Are you available to give us driving lessons? :D

Seriously though mate, where did you get this 'You guys are scared :blahblah:' rubbish from?

The only reason I wouldn't want to drive mine in bad weather is if I've just polished it. (Rare occurance)

300+bhp, auto, and open diff is a pain in the ass in the snow but it's not scary if you drive it sensibly.