The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This time i can insure my supra

jazz1

lockys96 thank you very much mate, i called lancaster insurance today and declared my car worth 10,000 pounds on fully comp, they quoted me 1900, and then i told him il be doing 2000 miles a year and he quoted me 1400 im happy with that and i will get the car insured on saturday:D

lockys96 thank you very much mate, i called lancaster insurance today and declared my car worth 10,000 pounds on fully comp, they quoted me 1900, and then i told him il be doing 2000 miles a years and he quoted me 1400 im happy with that and i will get the car insured on saturday:D

when i called lancaster to confirm about the agreed value, they told me that car had to be over 15 years old beofre they will do agreed value

no comment but im happy :)

you better drive with kid gloves as the moment you have a bump, your fault or not, you can kiss that claim goodbye as your insurance will be able to find out if you have any convictions

come on jazz i would declare it you never know what is going to happen and thats a lot of money to throw away for not declaring

i never declared my 6 points for a full year and i drove like an absolute grandad, now come the 15 may every mortal thing is declard and changing to sky

i understand mate but im paying an extra 300 pounds to have them removed lol dvla friends.

again, I don't believe you, plus this is a public forum and you've now admitted you've lied about your convictions and that you are willing to break the law by bribing DVLA officials. Smart move.

Jazz

It's $hits like you that cost the rest of us..

What happens (god forbid) if you run down some mother's 5-year old child?...

Your insurance company won't want to know you, you'll never earn enough in your life to compensate her and you'll do time............

Moron.......

Its only a quote, hes only breaking the law if he buys the insurance..

come on Jazz do it properly, they arnt easy to drive mate and can do things quite unexpected.. You dont wanna spend all that on the car then have a silly accident like i did and loose your 10K car...

Jazz

Your insurance company won't want to know you, you'll never earn enough in your life to compensate her and you'll do time............

Moron.......

Thats a little harsh...... no need for insults.... he only got a quote....

Jazz

Moron.......

easy mate... he's only a young-um... Jazz comes here for advise not abuse... chill bud.. :)

They're all right though Jazz... make sure you declare your points and that.. I work for an insurance company and I know how scummy they can be.. if you have a claim and they think they can get away with not paying out for whatever reason.. they will!

The other thing (and *really* don't want to rain on your parade) but did you declare the body kit too? cause they'll have you for that as well... they think that's a 'mod'...

Its only a quote, hes only breaking the law if he buys the insurance..

come on Jazz do it properly, they arnt easy to drive mate and can do things quite unexpected.. You dont wanna spend all that on the car then have a silly accident like i did and loose your 10K car...

:yeahthat:

Lancaster offered me initially 2.3k for my Supra when I wrote it off. Beware. Get an agreed value ASAP.

but you got your price in the end,

your car doesnt have to be 15year old for agreed value

it only costs an extra £15 for it.

jazz, just make sure you read your policy when it comes through, i said i will do 7,000 miles a year.

on the policy it says up to 10,000 miles.

more miles for me

Jazz

Moron.......

its harsh...but fair imo

fairplay guys your right i suppose if i declare the points then it wouldnt be too much. Im going to get the insurance in about 2/3 months once my kit is put on i suppose declaring the points would be an extra 200 pounds so id probably declare them and as you lot say its best to do everything right incase something may happen. But guys thanks for the advice i havent taken the policy out but will do it properly in 2/3 months as my account will be rolling with cash. No offence to any1 :) , but lancaster is the cheape. Andrew mate fairplay mate you have your opionion, but dont worry i will do it properly

fairplay guys your right i suppose if i declare the points then it wouldnt be too much. Im going to get the insurance in about 2/3 months once my kit is put on i suppose declaring the points would be an extra 200 pounds so id probably declare them and as you lot say its best to do everything right incase something may happen. But guys thanks for the advice i havent taken the policy out but will do it properly in 2/3 months as my account will be rolling with cash. No offence to any1 :) , but lancaster is the cheape. Andrew mate fairplay mate you have your opionion, but dont worry i will do it properly

Jazz, there are many things I can overlook, but you may be pushing the envelope, take heed of the advice you have been given, it would be in your best interests.