The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can anyone explain this insurance quote?

Guest peachy

Havnt a clue mate, think they just make random numbers most the time, yet if you want a UK supra it will cost you more, probs double.

I thought UK Supras were typically cheaper to insure being a domestic vehicle, the JSpec TT's are next as they have plenty in common with the UK's and then the NA's are the most expensive as they were never available in the UK, so all parts will have to be imported (As far as the insurance Co. is concerned anyway) I don't think the power comes into the equation in this instance.

Mike

Havnt a clue mate, think they just make random numbers most the time, yet if you want a UK supra it will cost you more, probs double.

not always true, i drive a BPU UK spec TT Supra, all mods declared, and pay £390 a year..!! but do have 10 years + NCB and no claims or convictions..! thats with Elephant as well.

not always true, i drive a BPU UK spec TT Supra, all mods declared, and pay £390 a year..!! but do have 10 years + NCB and no claims or convictions..! thats with Elephant as well.

have you checked the small print? as god forbid if something was to happen with your car then they will not cover modifications, my mate learned the hard way through elephant and thats why i am leaving bell

it might be cheap and save you money but when somethig does happen your car will be back to standard

sky just quoted me £611 today, with all my mods etc, I'll very happy, will be changing my policy over to them when it lapses in a few days. I don't care if it can be got for a bit cheaper, that is affordable and it's worth it for good insurance, after all, is saving 100 - 200 a year really worth it when you are insuring something worth thousands and expect to get the proper value for it should it come to a claim.

opps, the other way around! :rolleyes:

but it's not though, all the quotes I got showed minimal difference between j-spec and uk spec, nothing to worry about anyway. If some insurance companies choose to stitch up j-spec owners, walk away, there are many insurers who don't

yeh, but thats only due to companies who dont know a lot.

i.e it comes up as a import so the computer calculates an extra 30% or something,

just a way of ripping you off.

what i laugh about is that i can get a qoute through admiral/elephant etc for a tt 95 supra import for £1,600

then try skyline r33 gtr import (the only gtr listed on site) and get a nice qoute of £3,400

difference in performance is minimal, if anything, the supra should have more of a risk being rwd over the 4wd.

yet they rate the word skyline as nearly a 2k difference

if you have a play on those sort of online qoutes, you get some funny prices.

my dad rang up bell for a qoute for my younger bro on a bmw 318 convertiible, they said he would have to be 21,

went and did the online qoute, and it was £1,000 at 19, lol

this is EXACTLY what i was gona say,.

my first 2 quotes were brilliant,.. and i had got them online,

however the quotes were actualy for a mk3 ;)

How did you know that they were for a mk3? Did you not have to specify the year of the car?

1996 SUPRA RZ TWIN TURBO 2 2997cc Manual Petrol

1996 SUPRA RZ TWIN TURBO 2 2997cc Automatic Petrol

1996 SUPRA GZ TWIN TURBO AERO 2 2997cc Manual Petrol

1996 SUPRA GZ TWIN TURBO AERO 2 2997cc Automatic Petrol

1996 SUPRA SZ (NON TURBO) 2 2997cc Manual Petrol

1996 SUPRA SZ 2 2997cc Automatic Petrol

1996 SUPRA TURBO 3H 2997cc Manual Petrol

1996 SUPRA TURBO AUTO 3H 2997cc Automatic Petrol

these were the options on a uk spec supra........ spot the mistakes;)