The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much bhp to take on a ferrari modena?

Guest peachy

Guest peachy

hi! i know this is going to sound very childish but anyway here goes,for the last 18 months iv'e had this guy wind me up (every single day) in his ferrari,he sits behind me about an inch off my bumper for about 6 miles then we get to this slip road and he tears off (chucking stones all over me) i can keep with him in easily in my scooby up to about 70 mph and then he just pulls away!!!!!

so........soon to be getting a TT supra and i love my cars so i'm not planing on keeping it standard and i so want to teach this t1t a lesson lol so what bhp should i be looking at! :)

cheers guys! ;)

2 ton?

The Ferrari 360 has 400 BHP, but not so much torque 275 lbf·ft

A BPU Supra might be enough, not too sure. You would definately have more torque.

well ok they qoute the weight as 1.5 ton but the drivers of ferrari s head must go half a ton :p

Had a play with one of these on the M4 last year (a good 15 miles or so of spirited driving!).

We were equally matched to about 130, then I would start catching, on each occasion I wasn't able to pass him until 155 or so.

Thats with 1.2 bar and over 350rwhp.

Guest peachy
so does that mean your gonna do the brake test then :D

lol my scooby is made out of really really cheap tin-foil so eeerrr........no! lol :p

Guest peachy
Actually, why change cars at all? Scoobs can be done up to silly speeds if the willpower (read: £££) is there. Just check the last TOTB results for ideas.

i did think about this and its mega bucks to get over 350 bhp (reliable) plus iv'e always wanted a supra and the insurance has convinced me for certain! :)

Guest peachy
The 360 hits the ton in 9 seconds flat from a standstill, it's got 292bhp/ton so you need to equal that just to keep up (stock is about 210bhp/ton).

mmmm.....pretty damn fast then! lol whats the 0-60 of the 360? i can keep up easily from a rolling start up to about 60-70 mph in the scooby :D

Performance

0-60 mph: 4.3 s

0-100 mph: 9.8 s

0-1/4 mile : 12.6 s @ 114 mph

Top speed : 191 mph

A BPU Supra I'm sure would have quite a bit more torque than the Ferrari .

Acceleration from say 60 up might be surprisingly even.

Need a single to beat it though.