The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU done but odd uneven tickover

QSC

Just finished the full BPU, reset ECU and now the tickover speed is very uneven - is this normal ? It'll be on 1000 or so, then it will blip (you can feel it) and drop to 800 ish, then after a bit, it will do the same in reverse, go up in speed then down again. Once you're moving at a adecent amount of revs it seems fine - just wondering if this is expected behaviour.

I would agree with Penguin with regards to plugs being an issue if you havent changed them. Has it 'definetly' had an ecu reset? I only ask as i was advised to only remove one of the fuses which i did and to be honest it changed nothing, but i was then advised to remove both of the fuses. Upon starting the car it struggled very briefly to start which is what i would expect after doing a reset. I left it idling for 5 mins and then took it for a drive, the car got quicker and quicker over the next 5-10 miles. My fuel gauge also got lower and lower :D

I would agree with Penguin with regards to plugs being an issue if you havent changed them. Has it 'definetly' had an ecu reset? I only ask as i was advised to only remove one of the fuses which i did and to be honest it changed nothing, but i was then advised to remove both of the fuses. Upon starting the car it struggled very briefly to start which is what i would expect after doing a reset. I left it idling for 5 mins and then took it for a drive, the car got quicker and quicker over the next 5-10 miles. My fuel gauge also got lower and lower :D

It has definitely had the ECU reset, you could tell the difference from before it was done ( I pulled both fuses), the plugs have been changed to

NGK BCPR7ES, are these the right ones ? - definitely no aircon on - maybe your weather is better than ours.