The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Spats

SuperSupra

I have some Veilside spats but as expected the fit is not good. :( I got them on the cheap cos I haven't got much spare cash at the mo so thought I'd keep my fingers crossed! Below is a pic showing the spat where it should be, as you can see there is a gap. The other side is even worse. Is there any way to overcome this problem, or do I have to just bite the bullet and get some proper ones? Anyone managed to 'bridge' the gap somehow?

Spat.JPG

anywhere best to try car product supplyers as it costs 10 pounds or less and works wicked. Believe me mate im made when coming to kits and i prefer the originals, but even the originals are not bank on fit but tiger seal will help

try this site and scroll to the bottom page

http://www.paints4u.com/productsByCat.aspx?MainCategoryID=2&Mainselection=1&SubCategoryID=21&Subselection=0

I presume they are fiberglass? if so you can just build them up with fiberglass bridger, then reshape them to fit right, and don't use tiger seal! its crap! and will crack out in no time, and it will not fill big gaps, use Sikaflex 221, no adhesive/sealer will make a good job of badly fitting parts, unless you glue them on and then mould them in!

I presume they are fiberglass? if so you can just build them up with fiberglass bridger, then reshape them to fit right, and don't use tiger seal! its crap! and will crack out in no time, and it will not fill big gaps, use Sikaflex 221, no adhesive/sealer will make a good job of badly fitting parts, unless you glue them on and then mould them in!

Yes they're fibreglass mate, where would I get this fibreglass bridger stuff from and is it easy to use? Cheers for the info :)

Halfrauds, or any car accessory shop, its just like using filler with fiberglass strands in it, you will need to take the area where you want to add to, down to the matting ie remove the gelcoat, but than just treat it like filler, you may have to use polyester filler to smoth out but the finished result will be far better than tying to bridge the gaps with an adhesive!