The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new mkiv question

Guest 93mkiv7

Guest 93mkiv7

Hi every one!

I am about to buy a 93 Supra this weekend and i had a few questions for you guys. the ones im looking at in my price range are mostly auto's, so my question is can it still be fast from a stop and roll being automatic? its na, so of course i plan on putting in a turbo. so basicaly im asking is it more cost affective to just buy a manual, or do a swap on a auto? thanks for all your help everyone!

it will cost you in the region of 4-5k for a auto to manual swap

and as for a n/a to turbo conversion, why not save a little bit more and get a TT it will save you loads and loads of money if you do, i dunno what a n/a-T conversion is but i bet it will cost you a bit

na turbo conversions cost a fortune, about 5 times the difference of a tt and na supe.

patience, daniel son.

wait and get a tt auto.

and in answer to other question, tt autos as standard are faster than the manuals 0-60. (to do with gear ratios ...and the fact that the stig wasnt available on testing day) lol

Guest 93mkiv7

hey thanks for the info. if i do a turbo conversion i didnt want to use the stock twins, i was going to maby do a stage two upgrade kit for the na supras. i figure this would save money instead of getting the twin and converting it to a better turbo system. i am still wondering if the auto's are any good from rools i.e. highway speeds?

IIRC i think the manual is quicker to 60 but up to top speed it is quicker than a manual but to be honest unless your a performance car nut and know a lot about speed the difference between the two running stock your not gonna notice, best advice is make your own mind up and test drive them both

Buy what you want, not what others say, I bought a Na and have had her for over 2 years, but finally changing by going NA-T, she is to be changed from Saturday, then 3 weeks later, party on....

Na's in the Uk are holding their price better than TT's at the mo, not sure about NA-T's though

much MUCH easyer to put a bigger tub in a tt than put a tub in a na.

re auto/manu james is right, its a preference thing, i prefer the auto having driven both, (good to have both hands on wheel!)

...but you have to be prepaired for at least 3

'oh, its an auto'

comments per week.

What about £700?? wow cheap cars over in the pond then?

you can convert a na to a big single with all the equipment to support it and have it fitted/tested for 700 pounds?

if thats true, i stand corrected.

and im not sure which pond brighton is over! lol

Here's my logic below...

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts_supraNA.html

NA - TT conversion kit $4500, so 3000 pounds to get here.

http://vortexpower.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=1_40&osCsid=09a524eab48345efae67e704eda7fc6f

vortex turbo instillation, 700 pounds for TT to single, call us for NA to turbo, considering extra work, I'd guess 1000 pounds.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=57649

TT auto 5500 pounds

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=62561&highlight=Auto

NA auto 4700 pounds.

difference between NA and TT's above = 800

cost of NA to tub upgrade = 4000

800 x 5 = 4000

Guest 93mkiv7

hey thanks for all the input. i feel much better about getting the auto now, and might even keep it that way. the reason i ask is because to buy this car im selling my 93 tt RX-7(to expensive to maintaine!!) but i think im making the right choice

Guest 93mkiv7

if this supra deal dosent go through, if any of you guys know of one that is around 16k with a targa top (auto, or manual) could you PLAESE let me know

the NA to big tub kit was about 500 more from boostlogic i think, so maybe 4500 fitted.

...that is unless darkrider comes back with this 700 pound fitted na to big single turbo option. (from pixie garage in lala land).

i think most people on here would agree that if you're planning on going for a reasonable sized single tub, youre better off starting with a tt.

..but if you already have an na that youve spent a fortune on, a na to tub kit is the right choice.

...and for really big tubs it doesnt make much difference because youre replacing almost everything anyway!