The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Parks

Guest jamesR

Guest jamesR

Hi all!!!

Nearly there now, been to see a few supras the past month. Just a quick Qs does anyone have problems in car parks going up the slops or comin down them? And does anyone know any good garages round Surrey to South London that are well known that are selling supras?:search:

Cheers

my cars totally stock on suspension and body work etc (well i have OEM skirts) and I have no probs at all with slopes and stuff.

i know some of the guys who are lowerd or have aftermarket fronts have to go a bit slow when coming up to stuff...

hydraulics?.................................................................................................................................................................................................

slated

I cant use my college car park cause of the speed bump on the way in, although once in im fine on all the others, just the one on the way in theres an awful, awful crashing noise about half wayover, wont be doing that again, and I no longer use multistorys, dont think its lowered that much either.

Hi,

I have only had my car 2 weeks but I am already finding that I can't / don't want to go certain places. I drove out a regular car park the other day on to a mediocre cambered road and scraped the bottom of the bumper, I wasn't even going fast as I am always worried about this possibility. This is only due to the lowering springs and body kit on the car. Now im thinking of ordering some Tein Street suspension just so I can raise her a bit :)

The bank balance is going to start hating me soon :D

Mark

i had tein ha coilovers when it came over mate, it was running about 3cm off the ground, it scraped on un-even road surfaces.

they were replaced with super street, due to being seized and broken coilover ring.

i would love to drive 3cm off the ground, but its not practical.

i have mine set up mid height,

can you not raise your current shocks

Hi,

I have only had my car 2 weeks but I am already finding that I can't / don't want to go certain places. I drove out a regular car park the other day on to a mediocre cambered road and scraped the bottom of the bumper, I wasn't even going fast as I am always worried about this possibility. This is only due to the lowering springs and body kit on the car. Now im thinking of ordering some Tein Street suspension just so I can raise her a bit :)

The bank balance is going to start hating me soon :D

Mark

Mark,

welcome to the joy's of owning a Supra, spend spend spend, and she is low

I cant get in anywhere with a slight raise in the road. I dont think my supra is low enough but the front scrapes everywhere if its not the front its the skirts or exhaust where it hangs low :(

still the car looks good! :D

Same here, but makes the car look nice, although the major downside is looking a complete fool when it comes taking her in to a local standard garage for any work and they look at the car (and me) stupid as they can't get near it with ramps !

But, as you say, it looks cool :p

Shaun.

Mark,

welcome to the joy's of owning a Supra, spend spend spend, and she is low

Hi Tom,

She is very very low :) too low for me at the moment. She looks great but I would prefer being a bit higher just so I dont have to hear that terrible scraping sound.

I wish I could spend spend spend. I think I will have to wait until I have sold my old car before I get mt Tein suspension. I am also planning on swapping bumpers due to the crack on the side of my Veilside. It could be fixed apparently but it might just crack again. Plus I kind of fancy a change.

Out of interest and sorry to hi-jack the post. What are the Top Secret and Do-Luck bumpers like with regard to lowness. They both look great (especially the Do-Luck one), but are they so low that you scrape every where you go?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but the Do-Luck one does luck like a very big bumper.

Mark

Hi Tom,

She is very very low :) too low for me at the moment. She looks great but I would prefer being a bit higher just so I dont have to hear that terrible scraping sound.

I wish I could spend spend spend. I think I will have to wait until I have sold my old car before I get mt Tein suspension. I am also planning on swapping bumpers due to the crack on the side of my Veilside. It could be fixed apparently but it might just crack again. Plus I kind of fancy a change.

Out of interest and sorry to hi-jack the post. What are the Top Secret and Do-Luck bumpers like with regard to lowness. They both look great (especially the Do-Luck one), but are they so low that you scrape every where you go?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but the Do-Luck one does luck like a very big bumper.

Mark

there is a thread with blue angel offering a do luck 1 for £50 needs a little work and painting, but might suit you?

my car is probably way too low, but I love it. I sometimes toy with raising it up a bit (height adjustables) but say nah lol. It's so low with the top secret front that puping the tyres up by a few psi makes all the difference lol!

it doesn't like sharp incline changes, I avoid them generally. It doesn't like sleeping policmen but does just go over reasonable ones if you go sensibily.

as for multistory car parks, I woundn't even want to go near one if I could lol. I hate public car parks as it is, shoppers in a hurry are the worst for putting srapes, scratches and dents in the car, best avoided at all costs!

PS: my local garage has a ramp built into the floor that is completely flush with the floor when down, result :D