The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High Mileage

Greystoke

no... 100k miles is nothing for a 3 litre engine.... as long as she has had proper service etc - nothing to worry about... mines touching 100k miles and she pulls like a rabbit on heat!!

:yeahthat:

My '94 J Spec TT has done 105k miles and still drives like new. I'm totally standard and still get a healthy 0.8bar boost everytime. Some say the turbos start to give around 100k but no evidence of this with mine.

100k for a '96 is above average I guess for an import but that mileage isn't anything to worry about imho.

Mileage is almost irrelvant now with these cars. Its the history of the car that's most important to know (Regular oil and filter changes, responsible warmup/warmdown times, etc).

Some members here with low milage cars have had a nightmare of a time due to poor maintainence of previous owns, a couple have even ended up having rebuilds. But then, some much higher milage cars run 150k+ (one rumoured to be 300k+ on stock turbos) without problems simply because they've been looked after properly.