The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I am sick of this!

Pig

WTF is it that makes the noise, similar to the chirp of the dump /blow off valve. But not just a single chirp!

Supraloopy may remember, when we were at the colchester meet the big single that came booting down the stretch. Any idea's?

CJ's car was making the noise at bovingdon!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some wastegates vent back into the exhaust, some are externally vented

mine vents behind my front wheel, its like a 2" exhaust

AKA the screamer pipe! Could that be the reason for not getting that noise??

What the hell *is* wastegate chatter? Does it even exist? I hear the term bandied about a lot but I know the cause of all the noises on my car and the wastegate ain't one of them. I also find it hard to believe you could hear the wastegate opening and closing under boost...

I think the noise is a low-boost BOV activation, where instead of a single blast it opens and shuts a few times a second, getting quieter with each cycle. Happens on boost-and-lift but not boost-and-cruise or boost-and-change-up.

-Ian