The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got bored....

SuperSupra

.....so I decided to paint the calipers. Original plan was to do them blue, but had reservations about them being ott. Pics below with just paint (Hammerite smooth), then decal, then with wheel back on. Yeah they may be J-spec, but I thought I'd tart them up a little. Look loads better now IMO

p.s. I need to get some new wheels now so I can see through them better! :D

oops - forgot the pics, 2 ticks.....

Caliper1.JPG

Caliper2.JPG

Caliper3.JPG

is it true that you can't use alloy wheel cleaner if you paint them? Cos it fades the paint (or so I hear).

If this is not the case let me know!

edit: oh yeah, :Pics:

Good question my friend, honestly - I've not a clue! Not heard that before, but to be honest if it is true, I'm sure there are other things you can use to clean the wheels without affecting the paint on the calipers.

hey m8 i did my footwells yesterday too! heres a pic (not as good quality taken off my phone) do u mind me askin where you got that supra blanking plate?

Image007.jpg

hey m8 i did my footwells yesterday too! heres a pic (not as good quality taken off my phone) do u mind me askin where you got that supra blanking plate?

Got it ages ago, couple of people liked it so much they followed my lead and got it from the same guy too, here's the thread with the link to the guy on Ebay that I got it from: Clicky clicky Pretty sure he's got some more, if not he should be able to make one up.

p.s. my picture was taken with my phone too :p

how did u manage to get the lights behind though to giv the glow thru it?? i dont know but im goin thru a bright light phase at the min lol

how did u manage to get the lights behind though to giv the glow thru it?? i dont know but im goin thru a bright light phase at the min lol

Cool, yeah it was a bit fiddly, bought a little 3 inch neon off flea bay, hooked it up to a cigarette lighter adaptor, and hardwired a 4-way cig lighter adaptor into the cig lighter itself. That way any other things I need to plug into a power source I just plug straight into there! Just stuck the little neon on the bottom of my stereo. I love the look. :)