The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra information

Guest Oblit3ration

Guest Oblit3ration

Dear all,

I am hoping to become a member of the Supra family in the none to distant future.

I am taking the purchase of this car extremly seriously, and have some certian aspirations as to how clean and tidy I want this car to be.

What is the latest age the Supra was built to? One of my friends had a very very very clean 'R' registration TT Supra that I really liked. It was totally un-molested and only had 13k miles on it when he bought it for near £18k a couple of year ago. He has since sold it, but it gave me the bug and I've now started my search for the perfect car.

I would like as late as possible, obviously totally unbolested on the body work, and ideally unmolested under the bonnet as well, but realising that most have modifications of some sort.

I've been looking through the Autotrader for the past few weeks on and off but not seen anything that has caught my eye as of yet, so any pointers would be great.

Many thanks for any advice.

Hello and Welcome

take alook at member

Flat4_ire

NOW FOR SALE

nice bit of kit

ADs:cool:

Without wishing to piss on anyones chips but which part of the statement unmolested bodywork and under the engine did you miss?

Guest Oblit3ration

HEHE, thanks so far guys. The above one is very nice but was looking for something with less mileage and slightly newer if possible.

Does anyone know what date they were built to?

Would love something around '98 or '99 or newer if possible.

Even so, I am taking my time collecting all the information before I start making phone calls.

Cheers again

Supra production stopped in July 2002.

The UK spec Supras were sold here from 93 to 1996.

You can't import the later model VVTi Supras into this country anymore but there are a few late model ones here that came in before the rule was changed.

Guest Oblit3ration

Ah right, thanks for that information - same situation as importing the R34 GTR Skyline then?

So pretty much the latest is 1998 possibly 1999 that I might get lucky with?

Obviously if a mint 1996 came up then that would also be a possibility.

I guess my better question should have been when did the facelift model come in and the VVTi bits and pieces appear. I guess I want the newest (technology) and looking Supra.

Cheers

nope get a 2002, lol. just get ure wallet out.

bonsaicars have had one for sale for 3years lol, they kept it over here could of had it sva'd but that cost money, as soon as the sva laws changed it was left without a sva certificate,

they managed to get it done in the end but at a cost id expect, what sort of money do you have?

this car was priced at 19,995 2 years ago. now it is 21,995lol

but its a 2001 and has only 6,293 miles on the clock,

im sure they would like to see that back of that thing, it has full recaro interior, must be so mint with 6k miles

6,995 and has the rare veilside rear bumper i think

http://209.123.187.136/test/img/reports/208p8P1010281.JPG

leather

http://209.123.187.136/test/img/reports/208p6P1010276.JPG

http://209.123.187.136/test/img/reports/208p2P1010270.JPG

http://209.123.187.136/test/img/reports/208p5P1010275.JPG

cheap

The Supra had a facelift in approx May 96 , new lights, instruments etc.

The latest spec Supra started production in Oct 97.

VVTI engine,REAS suspension, manual and tiptronic gearboxes.

This is probably the most desirable model , most are tiptronics. Just a few manuals.

They are very rare and don't come up for sale very often.

Guest Oblit3ration

That one from bonsaicars is excatly what i'm after.

Certianly within the price range also.

Thanks for all the information guys, I will be off to do some mighty considerating now :)

Cheers

That one from bonsaicars is excatly what i'm after.

Certianly within the price range also.

Thanks for all the information guys, I will be off to do some mighty considerating now :)

Cheers

I've just realised, this car was discussed recently!

It's got the pre-facelift orange indicators, they should be clear with a small orange lens inside.

It's also got the pre-facelift side indicators, the post May 96 cars should have a larger orange unit on the side of the front bumper and not on the wing.

This car has obviously had things changed on the front end for a reason.

The front bumper is a mismatch aswell!

Not sure if the bonnet is open or it doesn't fit properly, you can tell from the other photo's.

http://info.bonsaicars.com/test/car_stock/index1.php?car_stock_id=58

I am taking the purchase of this car extremly seriously, and have some certian aspirations as to how clean and tidy I want this car to be.

My advice would be to look out for all Facelift models on the trader and find a one owner from Import (preferably JIC). JIC brought in loads of top dollar supras, some over £20K and with very low mileages. These cars must be out there somewhere but we're probably talking about relatively few cars........

Guest Oblit3ration
what the 2001 one?

if you do go for them, say simon recomended you.

dont forget to make a offer, as its been there a while.

where are you location wise

Yes the 2001 car.

Thanks for that other information - If I do arrange a viewing of the car I will certianly give it a proper grilling. I am in no rush to buy one at the moment as time is on my side and I am still enjoying my R32 Skyline. But it is certianly the type of car I am looking for. If what you say about the indicators is true then I will have to think about those points raised. Will invest in a proper RAC inspection as well.

FYI I am located in the south near Brighton - if needs be I might ask if a Supra expert from here might help me view it as well as my knowledge of the cars is still in its infancy.

Thanks again for all the help.

Guest Oblit3ration
My advice would be to look out for all Facelift models on the trader and find a one owner from Import (preferably JIC). JIC brought in loads of top dollar supras, some over £20K and with very low mileages. These cars must be out there somewhere but we're probably talking about relatively few cars........

Are JIC still about - I did a bit of Google work on them and can't find any information. My friend who owned a Supra once went to see a few from those guys - a lot of positive comments came back.

Can't find any website links, are they still trading?

well id speak to christophe at bonsaicars, firstly ask that your really interested in the car, and as you have noticed the above points mentioned, different indicators mismatch colour and is there a reason for this,

you could brobably get a bitma verification which will give you information on the cars past.

and yeh, get a friend who knows there stuff

Something definitely a bit fishy about that 2001 model, may have had a front end shunt and had early model wings, indicators and side markers fitted, probably also why it has the front lip too.

It doesn't currently have any side lights, unless the headlights have been modded.