The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra v Type R

Guest awesome

Guest awesome

Hello Supra owners, I have recently bought a CTR and really got into the Jap performance scene. My mate has a Supra, 3.0l twin turbo, lovely motor and pointed me in the direction of this forum.

Found an interesting video link of a CTR taking on a Supra and wondered what your thoughts on it were!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8635750392480437377&q=civic+type+r&pl=true

Let me know what you think..... :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest awesome
sounded like the supra in that video was an N/A, no turbo noise. Although i did see a UK bonnet so i could be wrong.

Yeah I wondered what spec. the Supra was - I will try and find out and post it up. Obviously the CTR has a few mods!

Guest awesome
yeah the rear was stripped out the CTR so it was made for racing to an extent.

Yep - it belongs to a guy on the CTR forum, fitted with a turbocharger I believe.

thats clearly a highly modded type R, how many cars you know that can get the speedo off the clock (250+ kmph/155+ mph) in that short time + you can see the back is completely stripped out too.

Defo a UK spec supra too.

total respect to the civic though :)

I really like civic type R, i think they're the best of the hatch back type but performance is not in the same league as a supra TT.

Edit :- sorry didn't realise the civic was a turbo - i'll get my coat.....

Guest awesome
what sort of power do the CTR turbos have?i know it depends on the turbo being used but a general figure?

Not sure tbh mate - here are some figures from the guy who owns the CTR:

Hello,

I have a Civic Type R Turbo with Full-Race GT3 Turbo Kit

I measure with Kpro and with Ventus K104 215x45x17 tires:

0-100km/h = 5s

100-200km/h = 9.8s

0-200km/h = 14.8s

0-230km/h = 18s

Pretty rapid for a humble CTR! makes me want to fit a turbocharger to mine!

Not sure but here's a post from the CTR forum of a supercharged monster:

Just had my car optimised by Richard for RON97, and he is reporting

393hp at the crank

234 ft lbs at the crank

Feck my boots is all I can say.

I am going to drop the rpm limit down to 8000rpm because this monster is going ballastic. It is probably time for some new con-rods. Thing is I don't want to drop compression because the boost will fall off and cause a drop in power. Can i use the same compression ratio pistons but forged one's or will the stock take 8800rpm and 393hp?

I can't believe this, its fecking mad.

I have got happy syndrome now wheelyking.

RICHARD you are the ROTREX KING---Long live the king.

How can it be a UK spec Supra, its left hand drive?!?!?

Not trying to steal thunder from the obviously quick CTR, ............... BUT, if the supra was like it says on the video title, that it is tuned and its a TT model, then I have to say, that it can't be THAT modified. The supra's trump card its its formidable acceleration at high speeds. If it was a highly modded supra, then the CTR driver would be straining his eyes to see the supra way off in the distance.

Just my 2p

Guest awesome
thats clearly a highly modded type R, how many cars you know that can get the speedo off the clock (250+ kmph/155+ mph) in that short time + you can see the back is completely stripped out too.

Defo a UK spec supra too.

total respect to the civic though :)

I really like civic type R, i think they're the best of the hatch back type but performance is not in the same league as a supra TT.

Edit :- sorry didn't realise the civic was a turbo - i'll get my coat.....

Yeah hes got one of the fastest CTRs on the forum - thanks for the compiments Suprasteve. Just for the record im a big fan of the Supra - your right the Supra is definitely in a different league to the CTR, love the shape of it too. When my mate puts his foot down and the turbos kick in its like a jet fighter taking off!

Is that civictype-r.co.uk?

Another post from the owner:

Hello

It's the stock friend's CTR

It's my CTR on the same dyno, the same day, with only 0.65bar and 19° for Ignition(my tires slip a little, and my torque after 7500 drop and up)

A small movie with 215x45x17" tires Ventus K102 and no LSD

Menfou 0-230

Edit : More boost 0.85bar

HorsePower (Hp)

Torque (Nm)

With my rebuilt engine, I have the same power than stock :shock: .

I optimized the head, change pistons, rods, valve, retainer.....

380bhp out of a K20A with only 0.6bar boost

wouldn’t like to sit in the back of that carcass!!!

We all know the Supra is a heavy car, so if someone striped a supra down to its birthday suite like that type R has been, then maybe it would be a different story!!!

Do like type R's tho, by far the best hot hatch!

Guest awesome
the guy driving the supra is speaking french,

so i assume there in france :)

the supra seems to pull about the same as my NA - so id guess its an Na :)

Yes I believe it is in France as the CTR driver is French. I will try and get more info on the Supra and post it.

As has been said tho if the Supra was modded up then it would be no contest!

I looked at a civic type R, they are a nice motor, but i wouldn't swop my soop for one, even if it had more poke. Like for like, not many cars will stand toe to toe with a soop, its ok people racing their tuned up cars against standard or slightly modded soop's, but a well sorted soop will blow most other cars into a reverse time warp.