The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Bra

Soop Dogg

Yes, I know they look bloody horrible!

BUT, after removing most of the paint from the front of my car at Marham on Saturday, I think I'll have to track one down if I am to continue driving on airfields! At least my paint would be nicely protected from a pebble-dashing!

Anyone know of a supplier?

Lazarus - I notice you have a pic of one in your garage. Where'd you get it from?

Thanks, I'll have a look for it.

Would still like to be able to have nice clean polished paint though. I've seen the plastic stuff on TVR's but it never quite looks as good.

If it's the only way to stop the stone chips I may have to go for it anyway....

Soop, let me know what you find on this mate, Im very interested in the same area at the moment, fed up of getting my Bomex front sprayed every 6 months due to stone chips.................anyone know of any good quality bra companies about that they could recommend...........

They may not look all that pretty to look at, personally I dont think they look bad, if anything give the car a different look, like star wars, stealthy type look, maybe thats me just getting excited at the thought of my Supe dressed up in leather, lol.............but I would love to be able to one day pull the cover off and still have non-chipped paint.....

Post any links or info you have mate..........

Mate of mine used a company called Paintshield on his 350z.

It does the job of stopping the chips very well.

You can see the film, especially on a black car (think urs was black). Once you've waxed it a few times theres a definite line across the edging from the polish sticking to the edge.

Trade off decision really.

Alot of these clear film products are made in pre-formed pieces.

One for the bonnet front, one or more for the bumper, then small bits for the mirrors and the wings. The trouble is that if you have an aftermarket front bumper, then that bit won't match.

I have done a fair bit of digging around and have come across some stuff made by a company called KPMF.

See here

Although this stuff is normally used for graphics applications, it also protects against stone chips. The adhesive is low-tack too apparently so it can be removed easily.

I have also found the following supplier on Ebay:

Here

Hope this helps!:)

This is what I mean, Im looking for a company that can custom make one for my Bomex front, I know its going to cost, but it wil pay itself off in the long run..........

Im not looking for any film stick on, or spray on type stuff either, as I want to be able to drive to location, say like an event and them remove the bra leaving clean un-touched paint work.... ;)

This is what I mean, Im looking for a company that can custom make one for my Bomex front, I know its going to cost, but it wil pay itself off in the long run..........

Im not looking for any film stick on, or spray on type stuff either, as I want to be able to drive to location, say like an event and them remove the bra leaving clean un-touched paint work.... ;)

I think custom making will be the only way to go. All these companies make them for the stock bumper. I'll see if I can find somewhere in the UK that might make something up. Not terribly hopeful though!