The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid Tein. Grump grump grump!

Sub_Culture

Bit disappointed this weekend....

My Tein lowering springs arrived this weekend, got the front ones on and the front bumper looks..... no lower at all. Bugger! Money well wasted! Got the choice now of getting some springs specifically made up, or make a front splitter for the bumper. Going to paint the car next Saturday, and take it from there I think.

On a positive note, I got the diffuser on this weekend to finish the arse end of. Brings the rest of the back down to flow a little more with the rear spats.

Andy

It might take them a while to settle down. Usually when your car has been jacked up it takes a bit of driving about to settle to ride height.

Yeah, good point, Pete. Ive drove the car for about half hour after and attacked a few speedbumps slightly harder than I normally would. How long do you think? A day or two perhaps? Comparing a shock spring to a new one, they hardly look any different in height. Should I assume I had lowered springs anyway, or will they just compress more than a standard jobbie?

Andy

The only thing that will cause this is if you undid the inner wishbone bolts and torqued them up with the wheels off the gtound, preloading the bushes at normal ride height. It may then settle as the weight of the car tears the inner sleeves from the rubber sandwich section of the bushes :(

It may also settle if the springs are total and utter junk. any half decent spring won't settle measurably over 100,000 miles.