The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fantastic Day at RAF Marham

Angie

Thanks to McGoo for posting the invite to the Marham track day this weekend.

What a fantastic day out!

We had 4 Supras turn up, myself, Soop Dogg, Robbie and of course McGoo. (Sorry you couldn't run your Supra, McGoo)

Cars ran really well, apart from when Brian's plugs started breaking down under pressure - thanks to Robbie for sorting him out with another set!

I had great fun dicing with an Ultima - passed him before the end of the straight and then nearly lost it 2 bends further on. Bit of red mist perhaps! Strange when you see an ultima through the passenger door window, then the drivers door window, then back to the passenger side again! Luckily I caught it in the end. Ultima man got past and then lost it himself on the next bend!

Great day, met such nice people, cooked another set of brakes, but I'm sure we'll be back for more! (Robbie - your car is awesome on the runway - 186mph!:giveup: )

Looking forward to Bruntingthorpe next week. (Last week was Sculthorpe, so next week will be the 3rd week in a row on track.)

Yep, really had a good time out. And they raised £8000 for charities too.

Robbies car was daft quick down the runway! Got some video of it stomping off into the distance at a high rate of knots.

Now I have to change another set of brakes on Angies car this week again! (Rears last week - fronts this week)

Thanks Robbie for the loan of the plugs - I'll get them off to you this week.

McGoo - Thanks again for inviting us and organising our passes etc. I'll be in touch about getting one of the CD's of pics. Let me know what I need to do or who I need to contact.

Apparently there might be another one of these later in the year! Woohoo! :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for coming!

I was indeed gutted i couldnt run (cracked brake disc) but a passanger ride in soop dogs's soop was the next best thing:)

Cheers for that brian enjoyed every minute....especially exiting the corner sideways to leave the integra type r in our wake!! And the 170 down the runway left everything else far behind (exept robbie of course):D

I'm sure there will be another one later in the year and hope to see you all there again.....and hopefully we will get a few more next time.

As for pics, bare with me as i'm proppa crap with computers i will do my best.

Will let you know about the official pics / vid when i know more.

Right guys, went and saw the station photographers yesterday had a sneeky peek at some of the pics, there is some very good ones of all three of your soops:) . CD of pics is gonna be £5 and DVD £10 (havent seen any of the vid footage yet) But again it all goes to charity.

Who wants what, if any?

I will try and put some other pics on here if i can figure it out:rolleyes: