The mkiv Supra Owners Club

As Predicted .. Failed MOT :(

Shaun.

. ... Yup, the Wasp failed today. I knew it would (just my luck).

On what ?

Nearside Main beam bulb ONLY !

AND she's fully decatted - just scrapped through on emissions, not bad I thought :)

Pleased ? Indeedy, a big weight off my mind.

Shaun.

Couldnt they pass you providing you came back in a week and got it fixed :D Failing you for that is dumb :)

my better half's father failed his MOT on his omega for a wiper blade on the passenger side, and he was told i will fail you unless you buy the wiper from me for £5 as my father in law said i have a replacement at home

Ah .. sorry 'twas a little naughty of me to say "fail" ;) ... technically it failed but they allowed me to drive off to Halfrauds to get a new one, then fit it before writting out the certificate.

A result and a top garage ... btw, the MOT tester is a Woman which makes a nice change in such a male dominated profession.

Shaun.

You submitted a car for MOT with a broken bulb? Plonker!

:D Thank you Pete, always good to know that every forum has a reliable member who will always come out with the "quote of the thread" .. lol

.... like I knew it was faulty ! I must admit you are right, I did feel a proper fool, heh.

Shaun.

AND she's fully decatted - just scrapped through on emissions, not bad I thought :)

i thought the cats were part of the emissions test?

are they not really required for the mot?

my mot is due and been trying to find someone to pass it without the cats i cant be bothered to put them back on for half a day

i thought the cats were part of the emissions test?

are they not really required for the mot?

They don't do a physical check to see if you have them, it's tested but a sensor up the exhaust and checked against the legal limit on emmisions for a car that *should* have the cats in. Some on here, me included, seem to get away with the test being *just* within the limits without fitting any cats :D

Shaun.