The mkiv Supra Owners Club

comments about n/a ->tt change

Darren-K

i had planned on saving up and buying a TT supra at the end of the year,.

ive had my NA for 6 months now and i truly love it,#

but i need more power,.

i dunno maybe its the crappy air filter ,.the NA feels quick ,but i jus know a boy racer in a hatchback is gonna burn me off ,.

this morning i had a 1 on 1 with a saab turbo of some form.,:)

it was miles back but i dont get a major adrenalin rush,

my old RSturbo felt faster :(

so my question is,. realisticly, is there much more buzz when driving a TT ? is it harder acceleration cos thats what i miss., or need.

and whats an average price for a nice TT please ?

il be selling my NA to put towards the TT.

Well if you are happy with the look and condition of your n/a you have two options

1) Buy a TT engine and transplant

2) Turbo conversion on your n/a

or like you say just sell up and buy a TT

i never thought about a diff engine ? :)

is this a good option mate ? how much would one expect to pay for an engine and fit ?

id expect that to be around 5g ?

basically,its like this,.

the car is mint honest,1 or 2 paint chips.,

its only quick in 2nd gear realy, it accelerates fine,. from then on its ok, but just ok.., unless i drop it down a gear.., ive not been more than 80mph in it tho..,

my prob is tha it looks and sounds like a supercar,. i get looks and comments everywhere i go about "how fat" my car is,,.

problem is,for a passenger for example - theres no supercar experience.

Mate n/a is a quick car, you don't often feel it due to it's size, tt is fast but again you would get used to it, there are not that many cars that can do 0-60 in 6 or 6.5 secs, if you want balls out acceleration get a fast jap motorbike or a caterham super 7, but in everyday situations as in most it is the driver that makes the difference, some people get addicted to acceleration, just enjoy the cars for what they are and how they look, if you totally want to go for speed etc then the supra is probably not the car unless you plan going above 100mph all the time, like i said caterham will do 0-60 ,in about 3 secs and a fireblade in about 2

Matt

Depends what you want dude, you won't get much more power out of the NA so the next step might be trading in for a TT. But, if like me, you'll get bored of the TT power and end up wanting a single. Envy have a MINT silver 6spd TT in right now, comes at a price though because it's perfect!

some fair comments fellas thanks,.

i must admit maybe the size of the car is like an illusion of speed ? like without even trying im i have to slow down cos ive reached the speed limit,

i had motorbikes when i was younger the days of RD350LC`S :)

ive never been impressed with any hard feeling of acceleration tho upto any speed ive done ( well 80 - ) i darent take the revs to high tho ?

dont wanna screw the engine so i never redline etc

ill never need to go faster than around 90 -100 mph.

i just get a feeling that once you start changing the NA engine its gonna become un-reliable ?

ynow putting strains on it that it wasnt designed to do. ?

I have had mine done since last august, these conversions have been done for years over in america look on supraforums.com (under the N/A section) some of the guys are pushing 600bhp, the j-spec is easier to do as there is no maf to deal with, there are also quite a few being done over here now too darkrider666 is up next for his, I have had not one problem with mine have a look here for piccies http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=63575 give TerryS on here a shout

I have had mine done since last august, these conversions have been done for years over in america look on supraforums.com (under the N/A section) some of the guys are pushing 600bhp, the j-spec is easier to do as there is no maf to deal with, there are also quite a few being done over here now too darkrider666 is up next for his, I have had not one problem with mine have a look here for piccies http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=63575 give TerryS on here a shout

can you give me a rough figure of what bhp your making please bromy ?

and roughly how much did this cost ? this sounds the best solution as i love the condition of my car ;)

i darent take the revs to high tho ?

dont wanna screw the engine so i never redline etc

ill never need to go faster than around 90 -100 mph.

IMO you should thrash it/redline it occasionally, it can take it no problem, after all this may then satisfy your power craving?

I'm raising my rev limit a little bit, that will probably blow it up! They're a strong engine dude, keep it serviced regulary :D

its due a service now,.. ive had it 6 months ,and altho ive kept an eye on oil, water etc it must be serviced,.

thing is in Blackpool i know of no-one i trust with my supra,, i want simple things like a proper engine flush doing etc but i know they wont do it ,.i want a proper service :(

when i go past 6000 - 6500 rpm she screams like a banshee ,and i think im doing damage to the engine .. you cant redline a supra surely ? no way ,it would blow up !:search:

can you give me a rough figure of what bhp your making please bromy ?

and roughly how much did this cost ? this sounds the best solution as i love the condition of my car ;)

It made 283 at the wheels at 0.35bar which is around the 330-340 range, it is now running 0.8bar but i have not had it on the dyno as the clutch is slipping next up is bigger injectors and hoping for 500bhp, to be honest i cannot see the basic kit making 400bhp on its own without any fueling modifications, ensure you get all the info on cost first as it is not cheap get in touch with a few traders on here for prices TerryS has helped me out alot

It made 283 at the wheels at 0.35bar which is around the 330-340 range, it is now running 0.8bar but i have not had it on the dyno as the clutch is slipping next up is bigger injectors and hoping for 500bhp, to be honest i cannot see the basic kit making 400bhp on its own without any fueling modifications, ensure you get all the info on cost first as it is not cheap get in touch with a few traders on here for prices TerryS has helped me out alot

cheers , ill read around a little more on prices etc ;)

The Supra engine is at the end of the day a performance engine so it is ment to be treated with this in mind, so red-lining it really isnt giving it any problems as this was what it was designed for. Unlike a ford 1.1 fiesta that was designed as a shopping basket and nothing else.