The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ashtray sprayed

pistonbroke

The first part of my dash respray project is underway. I've used a lot of the tips off this site in order to get the job done properly.

I found that using bleach, neat on the rubber coating, then leave for five minutes made the stuff just wipe off. I then wet/dry paper 800 to give the surface of the plastic a rough edge for the paint to adhere to. Then used foliatec interior spray primer, them foliatec interior silver.

Heres the result.

mines is getting done too, i done the prep work but getting a holographic job done on it by a body shop

Woo, that sounds a bit tasty.

The passenger door switch area is not in plastic, it's in that sort of textured stuff that the rest of the door is lined in. When I did mine I quickly realised that it would be best left, as it matches it's immediate surroundings.

How did you guys find the finish with the foliatec paint?

I tried this on my first attempt but couldn't get the finish to be hard enough - It was far to easy to scratch afterwards. Probably I did something wrong but as I have a few tins of this stuff left I might pass it on to forum members if its any good.

How did you guys find the finish with the foliatec paint?

I tried this on my first attempt but couldn't get the finish to be hard enough - It was far to easy to scratch afterwards. Probably I did something wrong but as I have a few tins of this stuff left I might pass it on to forum members if its any good.

The foliatec stuff worked fine on mine, after the rubber crap was off, I rubbed the plastic down with 800 grade wet dry paper, then used the foliatec primer, the paint adhered really well as you can see above. Its rock solid as well.

so, it looks like regular paint under normal conditions?

Any pics?

not yet mate as my baby is away for 10 days getting jigged and resprayed so fingers crossed that the car does not blow mu budget i will have Full progress pics on or around the 2 may

i am trying to get it back in time for the wakefield meet but not sure yet

i find out tomorrow re the jigging, and if that is ok the i am going to get jon on here to do my lights too and i might get him a sample of the spray am using for the lights too

not yet mate as my baby is away for 10 days getting jigged and resprayed so fingers crossed that the car does not blow mu budget i will have Full progress pics on or around the 2 may

i am trying to get it back in time for the wakefield meet but not sure yet

i find out tomorrow re the jigging, and if that is ok the i am going to get jon on here to do my lights too and i might get him a sample of the spray am using for the lights too

Nice one :D