The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my supra on its way

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

I bought this a few months ago and have set about buying the bits and getting the work done and hopefully it will be on the road by July.

imagethis is when i first got it.

then the kit got sized up

I'll post some more up in a couple of weeks when its a bit further on.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blueangel

Yeah doing the bonnet myself and if you look at the original pix of the car the previous owner had already made an eyesore of it. The idea is to recess the cutouts and smooth them in from the front leaving a lip at the rear with vents leading into the engine bay. The melted mars bars as locky put is fibre glass build up which is now smoothed down waiting to be skimmed over. The mold was made up from boat foam to get the shape. Just wanted to get a nice shape that ties in with the lines of the car and keeps it classy but also a funtional design that directs the air to where its needed.Also just wanted something different to the normal bonnets im seeing ie trd .

Guest blueangel

Im doing the work myself with a mate who owns a bodyshop fella and also im keeping a complete record of how the car was built as the end results should be stunning

Yeah doing the bonnet myself and if you look at the original pix of the car the previous owner had already made an eyesore of it. The idea is to recess the cutouts and smooth them in from the front leaving a lip at the rear with vents leading into the engine bay. The melted mars bars as locky put is fibre glass build up which is now smoothed down waiting to be skimmed over. The mold was made up from boat foam to get the shape. Just wanted to get a nice shape that ties in with the lines of the car and keeps it classy but also a funtional design that directs the air to where its needed.Also just wanted something different to the normal bonnets im seeing ie trd .

i'me going for a bit of a vented/louvred look myself, the one thing i am wary of is putting filler on the the bonnet with regard to the heat and amount of flex in the thin skin of the ally i think it could crack pretty easy, but having a body shop pro helping has got to be a bonus

i'me going for a bit of a vented/louvred look myself, the one thing i am wary of is putting filler on the the bonnet with regard to the heat and amount of flex in the thin skin of the ally i think it could crack pretty easy, but having a body shop pro helping has got to be a bonus

also single heat temps are alot more than the N/A