The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

zabe_1

Ok i think ive managed to get an okish deal, though its the first couple of companies ive tried.

I amm 22yrs old, 0ncb, i live in a safe area and park on driveway

With elephant/admiral, mods not declared was £1100, and declared was only £1300

however the only thing im worried about with elephant is the mods are not covered for like for like replacement, which companies do this as i might give them a try as well.

i tried sky however the guy didnt seem to happy and immediately said he couldnt insure me because i had 0ncb, but ive been drivign as a second driver for 3yrs now, think thats what helped with elephant.

naturally id like my mods covered, dont think im going to get it much cheaper than 1300 as ive just turned 22 as well, however worth a try,

is there a specefic guy at sky everyone deals with, as the guy i was on the phone to seemed in a real bad mood from the offset..

would like sky as im going to join this club soon as well and the discount will help. :)

cheers guys

yea good point guys, found this lovely link

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=54143&highlight=insurance

going to try them now, ill see what the like for like cover costs and hopefully its not too bad, and if it is, well ill just go for the standard replacement for now, and after 1yr no claims, then hopefully shud be a little better price wise,

will keep u guys updated

Guest supra rob

i spoke to a guy called scott at sky and he said he wud insure me fc for £2000 all mods and single turbo setup not bad for 21 years old and 1yncb :cool:

hey yea think thats the best deal

quick questiong regarding the companies who dont replace like for life like elephant.

lets say if someone else crashes into me, and they are liable, and i have declared my bodykit on my own policy etc, they are claiming through their own company as the incident was there fault.

Would they have to replace like for like, or standard, im presuming like for like but not sure

thanks guys

Guest supra rob
really, you must be joking?

2000 for a single turbo supra...

is that on a jap import

Yep jap import 95 and i said il probably do about 6000 miles :) best qoute i had so far

anyone know about what would happen if someone else crashes into your supra, where your company doesnt cover you for like for like, however your claiming through the other company

do they get in contact with your insurer, and because its not life for life, they wont cover u, or does the other company cover everything.

thanks