The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlights

Matt 6

Sound then. Are the Uk lamps the ones I should be buying or are J-Spec face-lift lamps better ? Mine are the early type with the chrome insides and built in side lights

They both have positive and negative points. The UK have glass headlights with a chrome backing. They will look very bright and 'fresh' for their entire lifetime due to the glass covering. The facelift are plastic but have an (IMO) very nice looking black backing, with a plastic covering. These do not look as bright as the glass ones but I think look much nicer with the black backing.

Perhaps get the UK lights then paint the backs in matt black paint. They would look superb :)

What will I need to buy aswell as my new headlights to convert from my old yellow J-Spec lamps to new shiney Uk Spek ones ?

is going to uk spec not an exspensive way of doing it? depends what you want really but gzaerojon on her refurbs lights with amazing results and can also paint the chrome all for around £100 excluding del, unless you spent money on uk spec already

I haven't bought anything yet but need to do something as they look dull now I have had the car painted. I would prefer the black headlights looking at them now, take it they are the Face-lift J-Spec ones? I can buy direct from Toyota at very cheap prices you see so might buy new ones. Who refurbs headlights and where are they in the Uk, that also sounds like a good idea.

Guest gzaerojon

Hi Mate, i can refurb your lights in the facelift style

see HERE for pics.

i can do them however you like :)

give me a shout if you need more info

Guest gzaerojon
Jon - how do you ensure that you keep the condensation out after taking them apart mate?

(Just out of interest)

once they're sealed up i pressure test them, once i'm happy i then refit the rubber U bend pipes on the back as they do a good job of keeping moisture out

Guest gzaerojon
Oh - i need to talk rear lights to you - can you do LED conversions?

yeah can do, need some more info though mate

give me a call later :)

Guest gzaerojon
YOu have to remove all the old silicone and add all fresh stuff being really carefull. its a horid Job. More than happy to pay Jon to to it!

its a messy job, but someones got to do it :D

hows that wing comming on ? :p