The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RE-SPRAY £3.5k

TT-DEK

:( Just had a quote for a re-spray, only what i thought an over spray. Turns out its got different spray on a couple of panels? £3.5k to be sure, and he can only fit me in AUG. When i saw the cars in the body shop

Ferrari, rols royce, merc, i new it was going to be bad news:eyebrows:

Anyone got any thoughts or more competetive places.

Some may say,you get what you pay for!! hmmmm.

3.5k? thats a rip off, give me a pm as mines is in for a customer respray, although i am getting a good deal i can promise your full respray will not cost any more that £1.6k

its a family run place that dont charge much as they are not struggle for buisness just give him a couple of weeks notice

Guest gzaerojon
What difference does it make if it's currently slightly different shades in places?

The price and "can't do it till Aug" makes me think the guy just didn't want the job.

:yeahthat:

sounds like he cant be bothered unless it makes him some good money

i'm paying 2K sood for mine, thats doors off, bumpers, tailgate ect change of colour.

where abouts are you based?

GVN can fit you in.. In a much more timely manner..

And I think if its just a couple of pannels that need doing you would be looking at no more than £1000...

Unless you want a complete job and that will set you back 1.5 - 2 at as long as no bodywork is needed..

Give them a ring 0208 994 1111

just tell them chris told you to ring and they will look after you..

Guest Flat4_ire

you get what you pay for..cheap is cheap for a reason, but that place u went to does sound like the west coast customs buzz and would cost u a fortune just for the name..

you get what you pay for..cheap is cheap for a reason, but that place u went to does sound like the west coast customs buzz and would cost u a fortune just for the name..

cheap is cheap for a reason is not always the case, there are some people that are genuinely cheap, i went to a recomended one, family owned and he is cheap but for a reason, he can afford to be! as word of mouth has made him really busy so has always got jobs in the diary so adopts the attitude

"make enough to have a comfortable lifestyle and charge enough to keep people coming back"

the same applied to the mechanic that i use, he comes recommended on here and he only charges £25 an hour no matter what he does and he is the same, he is that cheap and does a good job that he has a 2 week waiting list

A lot of body shops charge more if you have a deadline...

Mine is what the body shop called a 'Hospital Job' they are doing it when they are quiet.. And they nocked off over 1k from the price..

Sure its a pain but, will be a top job when done.. :)

We have done a few for people on here, most was £1700 with quite a bit of damage, lowest was £900 for mask up only no panels off.

All our proper jobs are panels off. Ask anyone who has had work done here, its a top quality job with top quality paint and lacquer.

Hi mate try morton motors in leicester, may b a bit out but will save u loads! i had a wing resprayed same colour for £150 and there really good. if you call just say maz reccomended u - had lots done there servicing etc.

0116 274 0121