The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traction Control

Phil

I recently fitted the HKS T/C removal kit but then you get a problem with the TRAC and OD OFF light flashing alternately.

I was going to ignore these lights until somebody with better electrical knowledge came up with a work around but my car seems to be behaving strangely as well, mine is an Auto and I've noticed that sometimes the gearchanges are jerkier and the second turbo has recently started to come online at around 4500rpm instead of just below 4000rpm as before.

I re-installed the standard TC gubbins this morning and reset the ECU but still get the same warning lights and symptoms!?

Anyone come across this before or know what might be happening?

Cheers,

Phil

You may have to reset all the electronics by disconnecting the battery for  30 seconds or so. What I do is disconnect the battery and switch the lights on so any charged capacitors will be completely drained of Coulombs.

Yours,

J

Well after my latest ECU reset the 2nd turbo seems to come online at 4000rpm again but the warning lights remain even though I've reinstalled all the kit, bar the actual metal butterfly.

I have refitted the bar that crosses the intake though and moves the sensor relational to the position of the motor.

I'm really waiting now for Ash to fit JF's to see if he comes across anything but I hope to use JF's redundant motor and sensor to fault-find mine as there is a possibility that I damaged one or both of these when removing them.

I've checked all my underbonnet fuses but not the ones in the driver footwell yet so there is a possibilty of a blown fuse there as well.

Cheers,