The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much of a bargin?

spackrackman

Due to 9 points last year I sold my jap supra :( since then it feel like I have had something missing UNTIL...two days ago.

I was offered by a mates dad his late wifes car...

a uk 36000 mile P reg supra twin turbo.. full history in red with brown leather interior. sat in the garage apart from the odd run for 6 years!!

how much...

£7500.

I paid instantly now I know its cheap but is it really cheap?? do UK models fetch much more? i noticed that this one does not have the three little dials my last one had so no turbo guage :( but it does have an electronic milometer and things like rear wiper and headlight washers oh and ABS! and a tracker which will hopefully save me some insurance.

so time to start tuning..... i will be harassing soon for advice on exhuast and wheels as this is all i can afford for now.

oh and i still have 9 points.. bummer

but i do have a supra

jonnie

that is a very good bargain on such a low mileage car (providing it has all its serv. history to back up the mileage & its in good nic.), if it was a 'manual' uk however £7500 would have been a ridiculous price with that sort of mileage more £12-15K would have been about the right price.

Insurance for the uk is alot cheaper so you shouldnt have many probklems on that front......saying that 9 points? :innocent:

... sat in the garage apart from the odd run for 6 years!! ...

Don't let them start up the car on the expired fuel and oxidised oil.

I'd rather have it loaded to a garage rather than risk damage to bearings etc.

6 years is a long time.

Don't let them start up the car on the expired fuel and oxidised oil.

I'd rather have it loaded to a garage rather than risk damage to bearings etc.

6 years is a long time.

Ill probably be corrected by John a here but if i was you i would consider having the belts changed as they may not have done the 60k miles but i believe they are lifed to 4 years.

Anyway welcome to the UK supra club buddy

Many thanks people. I agree to on the fluids and belts change. even if it has been run every so often its spent more time sitting perishing rubber. The expense of it all.. but god i cant wait to put my foot down again and burn anything that gets in my way... SUPRAS ROCK...... oh i have just finisghed a session in the pub... the evils of stella.

Cheers everyone.

JOnnie

auto! i was supposed to be holding out for a manual!... still the last post has inspired me that a conversion can be done. we shall see. now to see if my insurance will insure it for a week so i can get it home and get it taxed and mot'd. I reakon they are going to laugh.

gits

you donr the right thing mate....low milage cars are a rare nowadays :D enjoy