The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New wheels help needed

FINSTER

Well today I have finally put my new wheels on the supra, after I had spent the bank holiday weekend colour coding the sills, spats, front spoiler and brake callipers. The wheels are 18" Advans and the fronts are fine no problem however the rears which are on 285/35/18 catch on the arch when you go round corners. What is the answer? The arches have not been rolled out which i believe will help. The car is on standard suspension set-up (j-spec) - what is the solution? Will i need different shocks - or would bump stops help - or roll out the arches? Here are some pics of the wheels (no theres not as the pics exceed forum - how do u fix that then?!?) Thanks

supra wheels2 002.jpg

Looking good Andy :thumbs:

I use to have quite stiff Tein shocks on my car when I had the wheels fitted (285/35/18 tyres fitted), I'd occasionally get rubbing on the arch when REALLY pushing it on a bend.

Getting the inner lip of the arch rolled in would also help.

I'm using 283/35/18 on 18x10 Lexus rims and stock JSpec suspension with no rubbing issues at all. The Lexus rims are the correct offset for a Supra though - I suspect this is Finster's problem.

isn't this bigger than the stock rolling radius though?

Yes, booked in tomorrow to get the arches rolled - they reckon if 30 wont rub but 35 will they can get between 7-8mm clearance from rolling the arches! So the sage continues my fingers are well and truly crossed mate!!! and if the paint cracks on the edge of the arches they will soft mask the edge and 2 pack paint any damage and it wont show on the quarters.:eyebrows: