The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hydraulics

jazz1

hydraulics are the ultimate in blinged up ridiculous, and totally NOT right on a Supra Jazz

there are suspension setups that let you drive over bumps you know!

i have a do luck nose, reputedly one of the the lowest noses out there, and i have HKS hipermax 2 suspension.

i have no problems with speed humps, but i do drive over them sensibly.

All depends on what you want from the car, Jazz.

Airbag suspension is great for shows. Coilovers are good for driving a car hard.

In fairness, a Supra handles like poo anyway, but you have to remember, this is a GT cruiser type car, not a lightweight, flickable track car. It all depends on what you want from it.

As for adding weight, i wouldnt worry about that, its hardly the catwalk, stick-thin supermodel of cars! BUT, any ride quality and ability the Supra does have would go out the window.

Decision is yours, dude!!!!

Andy

In fairness, a Supra handles like poo anyway, but you have to remember, this is a GT cruiser type car, not a lightweight, flickable track car. It all depends on what you want from it.

It weighs 1500kg and generates 0.98 lateral G. That's very similar to a 911, I wouldn't say it handles like poo! It's a great track car IMHO...

Really? I must admit, I havent tracked a Supe before, but I cant imagine it handling too hot or getting round a corner in a hurry. Would love to be proved wrong though, I love my Supra and would love to see it play with other big jap cars!

Andy

With a quality suspension setup the Supra is a very capable track car.

Fitting poor quality, lowered, wrongly set up suspension, with big bling wheels will result in very poor handling.

I also suspect that most of the early Supras are riding around on very worn out suspension bushes, which will have a huge detrimental effect on handling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub_Culture

Well after owning a Nissan 200SX S14 with 335BHP and full suspension set up coilovers etc, i can honestly say that i can get the Supra round corners faster than i could the S14! not as flickable! but it does feel better in the bends.

I also suspect that most of the early Supras are riding around on very worn out suspension bushes, which will have a huge detrimental effect on handling.

hmm just thought about this, are you able to get sets of these and if so how much do they cost??

With a quality suspension setup the Supra is a very capable track car.

Fitting poor quality, lowered, wrongly set up suspension, with big bling wheels will result in very poor handling.

Mine was fine on stock suspension and bling wheels thank you very much :)

All depends on what you want from the car, Jazz.

Airbag suspension is great for shows. Coilovers are good for driving a car hard.

As for adding weight, i wouldnt worry about that, its hardly the catwalk, stick-thin supermodel of cars! BUT, any ride quality and ability the Supra does have would go out the window.

Decision is yours, dude!!!!

Andy

:twak: :fool: :spank:

they dont handle badly at all matey,it must be your set up or worn suspension parts!;)