The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just bought a new TOWN CAR.

theo sz 3.0

i traded in my car today and got a 00 honda civic type r.dont worry i still have my soop but im just going to use it on the weekends.has ne1 driving a type r b4 there pretty nippy.image

i am sure that this is the fastest version of the type R as there is a type R this shape that gets to 60 in just a shade under 6 seconds

Dont like to bust anyones bubble but that 0-60 under 6 secs is Bullshit.

The EK9 has be tested numerious times and never got near that supposely factory figure. 6.5 is more realistic. A DC2 ITR will do it in 6.2 or there abouts, and theres noway a CTR will do it in less, close but not faster.

On the other hand it is a fwd 1600cc NA hatch with excellent handling and is unbelievable fast for what it is, that one with the bronze volks is exceptionally tasty. Well ware mate...

Guest dee_rz

these type r's go for about 6-8k, i have had two type r's both ctr's one 02 standard and one modded to 326.6 bhp (03) was a great car but not a patch on the supra and i'm being honest did all the sus etc etc supra is better both on straight and in corners don't let the supras size fool you, i did love them without a doubt and rated them very highly :)

Guest Flat4_ire

nice cars, ive had one and an integra type r, the integra is faster all round and does 0-60 in about 6.5secs, dunno where jamesmark got his info on the civic doing it in under 6 seconds!! great cars none the less, get some spoon gear for her and ur laughin

Guest Flat4_ire
wouldnt say that they are rare, i drove past 2 new imports.

they hold there money

the newer 2001 shape arent that rare over there but the older ones seem to be yeah, great cars anyway with great lil engines!