The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Injector Flow Tested??

mkirby

Mmm, don't get flow testing confused with flow testing *and ultrasound cleaning*, unless of course an ultrasound clean is done by that funky machine as well :)

-Ian

Yes we can do that too all on the same Rig at an extra cost. Full details coming soon.

Testing:-

1. Injectors are externally cleaned, visual inspected, and numbered if not done already.

2. Test injectors for resistance, shorts, and current draw. Record the results.

3. Perform leak test, spray pattern, and flow rate testing on our flow bench. Record the results.

Cleaning

1. Into an ultrasonic tank they go, they are now cycled on and off allowing the ultrasonic energy to dislodge any particles and build-up inside the injectors.

2. A high pressure back-flush is done to remove any particles inside

All procedures:-

Prepare a comprehensive test report with before and after test data. The injectors are then packed and returned.

Sounds good to me!

How much extra for cleaning?

Its a bit hit and miss at the moment as its very labour intensive. Im putting up the INjector cleaning stuff tonight I hope. Im thinking around £55.

Afennell had his done a while back, and good job too he bought a set of used Uk ones, and one was flowing less than 500! After a clean and retest, they were all within 3% of each other

Yes we have just taken delivery of them and have been ages getting them.

I am going to flow test 2 / 5 sets and see if they are OK out of the box, and hopefully sell them cheap, but if they have to be tested the price will go up. I may just put it as an option when people buy them for piece of mind.