The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside fenders

mr keef

Just wana pick your brains guys :rlol:

Getting some veilside overfenders,now i know that the norm is to use the veilside side skirts,but does anyone have them fitted with the oe skirts?and does anyone have these fitted with the oe spats?do most use veilside spats?or no spats?Any ideas guys?

spats all for now cheers

Nah...You can make anything work, if you have time and money... Shame i have neither :(

Go for it...

You better have a chat with GVN then my friend as they seem to think it is a no go. But hey, what do they know eh? :)

OK, here is a pic of my old Orange car showing the shape of the over fenders and the veilside skirts

As you can see, they marry well together and whilst it may be possible to mould them to the OEM skirts, the work involved would probably be more expensive than buying new skirts, arches and spats put together.

You better have a chat with GVN then my friend as they seem to think it is a no go. But hey, what do they know eh? :)

True GNV are top gurus, Perhaps they tried and it looks crap, but surly theres no reason you cant fit the fenders over the oem skirts and fibreglass the gaps... ?

Only time and money :)

True GNV are top gurus, Perhaps they tried and it looks crap, but surly theres no reason you cant fit the fenders over the oem skirts and fibreglass the gaps... ?

Only time and money :)

But both ends of the skirts are totally different and the wrong shape completely.

But both ends of the skirts are totally different and the wrong shape completely.

True mate, Would definatly take some modifying without question..

Maybe someone could photoshop the arches onto a car with oem spats etc to get an idea?

That's a matter of opinion. Looks like loads of stuck-on tat to me.

No offence like ;)

What I meant was that they fit together properly as they were manufactured to do so. Now whether they look right is another thing. :)