The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A productive day on the car.....

Sub_Culture

After an Easter break away for a couple of days, I managed to put a day into the car today (God knows, she's been needing the attention for weeks!!!).

The welding and filling is all done now (decided to get rid of the third brakelight, 'Toyota' and Supra' bages too) with high build two-pack primer on, just need to sand the primed areas down with a 600 grit paper, prime the front bumper, wet-sand that too with a 600, fit the diffuser (still!!!!) and paint the damned thing! So, she should all be finished pretty soon!

I think I could get it all done in a day, its just finding a day.... :(

Andy

Thanks, mate.

The car is staying white. Going to go for a Toyota metallic sparkle (I have a feeling it's used on the new Avensis').

Was going to relocate the fuel filler cap inside the driver's door (Max Power stylee), but figured it was too much effort for not a lot of visual gain. Thanks for the opinion though.

Andy

looks wicked, wish i had the skill to do it myself.

how are you opening the doors now, button under the wing mirror TVR stylie?

Damn! Knew I had forgotten something! I will have to leave the window open I guess! :D Close though. Ive put a button each side on the scuttle panel (where the wipers are). I love the lines of the Supe, but the door handles really do look awful, so they had to go.

Thanks for the kind compliments on the 'skill', too. Im getting there slowly! Still got lots to learn though, I do not doubt for one second! :)

Andy

I know what you mean about finding the time to work on your car:( . Looks like its coming together though. Are you painting it in your garage, or have you got access to a paint shop? And what are those side skirts?:D

They are Bomex sideskirts. LUCKILY, my friend owns a garage, and is kind enough to give his time teaching me to paint on Saturday mornings. So, I prep the car at home during the evenings/day offs, then will paint it in a Saturday or two's time.

The car should look a lot nicer in a couple of weeks, as my lowering springs should have turned up by then, too!

Andy

Woah, lots of questions!....

Okay, yep, I removed the brakelight, welded in a new piece of sheet metal, and filled over it to remove the imperfections. Havent had any troubles yet!

Edd, thanks for noticing! So far, Ive removed the rear wiper, spoiler, rear washer jet, brakelight, badges, door handles! Think thats all! lol, one other good thing has come of this.... my boot struts were rubbish and wouldnt hold the boot open. Now everything has gone, it stays open fine! Thats £100 saved!

And Im keeping it spoilerless, Suprastar! I would ruin all my smoothing with a wing I think!

And thanks, Supragold. Its not nice driving a work in progress car. Im sure it will be worth it soon though!

Andy

Andy, I admire your fearlessness. This is set to be one of the nicest Supes in the country for sure.

Glad to know there's someone with experience in London to do mine at some point. :D :D

Jokes aside, I'm even more tempted than ever to book her in for a rub down 'n' respray.

Have you considered blending in the bumper and skirt lines?

nice work,you also have removed and filled the ariel.

i have had mine debadged and de ariel.would like to do the rear wiper too.i like the 3rd brake light.dont you have any pics of your build up to where you are now.always good to see work in progress,

Woah, lots of questions!....

Okay, yep, I removed the brakelight, welded in a new piece of sheet metal, and filled over it to remove the imperfections. Havent had any troubles yet!

Edd, thanks for noticing! So far, Ive removed the rear wiper, spoiler, rear washer jet, brakelight, badges, door handles! Think thats all! lol, one other good thing has come of this.... my boot struts were rubbish and wouldnt hold the boot open. Now everything has gone, it stays open fine! Thats £100 saved!

And Im keeping it spoilerless, Suprastar! I would ruin all my smoothing with a wing I think!

And thanks, Supragold. Its not nice driving a work in progress car. Im sure it will be worth it soon though!

Andy

Andy, I admire your fearlessness. This is set to be one of the nicest Supes in the country for sure.

Glad to know there's someone with experience in London to do mine at some point. :D :D

Jokes aside, I'm even more tempted than ever to book her in for a rub down 'n' respray.

Have you considered blending in the bumper and skirt lines?

Hey, Ben hope your well, mate.

I did think about flushing the kit in totally, but wanted to keep some lines. The rear spats, for example, would have looked a little dull if I had chopped off the vertical part that runs up the rear quarter, so Ive kept the lines on the skirts to match in with that and make it all kinda flow as one.

Plus, from a practical point of view, its safer this way! Thanks very much for the kind compliments, dude. I hope you like it as much when it's finished. Im just aiming for a straight, honest, clean looking example of a Supra. Nothing too flashy, lairy or in your face, just a true, good looking rocket!

Andy

P.S. Id be happy to have a go at yours at some point if you need any help! :cool: