The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car seat for the rear

MrHanky

Hello,

Spent a lot of time this weekend trying out car seats for the back of my Supra as the wife was sick of sitting in the back :) . After trying about 7 different seats the only one that fitted (to a standard where the fitter would agree that it is safe) was the Britax Trio (as mentioned in other threads).

This was hard to find in itself as Mothercare did not sell it anymore and so I eventually found it at Babies r Us. Just a quick note though, I could not get this seat to fit so that harnesses could be used (seatbelt wasnt long enough to thread through). Instead I am using it as a booster, as my son has fortunately got to a weight where he can use the adult seat belt.

Just thought I would post this for future reference as I know how tricky it is find something that fits well enough to protect your loved ones.

I will try and find all of the seats that didnt fit later, and list them on this thread just to save people the time in trying them out for themselves.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, I have one of these seats and it fits perfectly, and there is still spare slack on the seatbelt. Maybe you didn't fit it correctly??

I got mine a month or so ago from a website, like I've said before the trio isn't made any more so if you're thinking about getting one, it might be best to get it now before stocks run out.

If anyone wants pics of mine fitted to my supe or advice/whatever - just ask, but seriously though it's a good fit and solid as a rock. :)

Steve